New Delhi sources have stated that a railways official said twenty three pairs of Rajdhani, 26 pairs of Shatabdi and 18 pairs of Duronto trains would have the facility. Meanwhile Vishwesh Chaube, General Manager, Northern Railway, said at a media briefing said "All Rajdhani, Shatabdi and Duronto train coaches are to be fitted with CCTVs one each on the (two) entry gates and two in the gallery (corridor)".
Officials stated that around Rs.3000 crore were allocated in the 2018-19 Union Budget to install CCTV cameras in more than 11,000 trains and they added that the ministry was also looking at different options to fund the project, including market sources. According to sources the project would eventually extend to cover the entire premier and suburban services and the 8,500 stations in the railway network.
Chaube, however, said the money for the project
would come from the Nirbhaya fund. Moreover he added that the Northern
Railway had achieved a total originating earnings of Rs 15,841 crore in
2017-18 (till January), compared to the Rs 15,663 crore registered in the
previous year and this year's budget announcement has scaled up investments by
almost three times to Rs 1,48,528 crore in 2018-19 as against the Rs 53,989
crore in 2013-14.
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes