New Delhi sources have stated that a railways official said twenty three pairs of Rajdhani, 26 pairs of Shatabdi and 18 pairs of Duronto trains would have the facility. Meanwhile Vishwesh Chaube, General Manager, Northern Railway, said at a media briefing said "All Rajdhani, Shatabdi and Duronto train coaches are to be fitted with CCTVs one each on the (two) entry gates and two in the gallery (corridor)".
Officials stated that around Rs.3000 crore were allocated in the 2018-19 Union Budget to install CCTV cameras in more than 11,000 trains and they added that the ministry was also looking at different options to fund the project, including market sources. According to sources the project would eventually extend to cover the entire premier and suburban services and the 8,500 stations in the railway network.
Chaube, however, said the money for the project
would come from the Nirbhaya fund. Moreover he added that the Northern
Railway had achieved a total originating earnings of Rs 15,841 crore in
2017-18 (till January), compared to the Rs 15,663 crore registered in the
previous year and this year's budget announcement has scaled up investments by
almost three times to Rs 1,48,528 crore in 2018-19 as against the Rs 53,989
crore in 2013-14.
Mohammed Bagheri said Iran will 'never bow the demands of the US' According to sources the Chief of General Staff for the Iranian Armed Forces, Maj. Gen. Mohammed Bagheri, addressed a conference of military leaders from more than 35 countries yesterday as he made the stern remarks. Meanwhile in a pointed message aimed at the US he claimed Washington was too involved in the affairs of the Middle East.
- Kanna Lakshminarayana move may shock his fans
- Will Congress capture Karnataka by winning 130 seats?
- 15 persons died of sunstroke in Adilabad, Karimnagar districts
- Husband rapes wife with friends just after 3 days of marriage!
- Powerstar gets powerful notices!
- Actress sexually harassed while driving Activa scooter!
- Petrol, Diesel price rise and the effect of taxes - All you need to know!
- Pawan Twitter war turned into caste war between Kammas and Kapus
- TCS crossed $100-billion mark in terms of market capitalization
- Has Pawan surrendered to BJP?
- Can anyone weaken the Bond between BJP & AIADMK?
- Save the Constitution campaign catapulted by Congress President
- Moscow welcomes North Koreas Kim Jong Un declaration on halting nuclear tests
- Strict punishment for those raping girls below 12 years: President
- Mudragada asked Pawan to fight against ruling TDP