According to sources the union government said there is no proposal at present to ban advertisements of junk food on television. However, nine major food business operators have decided not to advertise products containing high fat on children’s channels out of their own volition.
Meanwhile according to report Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting, told the Lok Sabha during Question Hour that bodies like the Food and Beverage Alliance of India (FBIA) have already decided to voluntarily restrict food and beverage advertisements when it comes to children. Further Rathore said in Parliament that companies, including Hindustan Unilever and Nestle, have agreed to accept the government’s new order.
Accordingly the Union Minister for Information and
Broadcasting Smriti Irani said in a written reply that there were in fact no
such proposals. It was previously rumored that the Centre would also impose a
ban on ads of soft drinks. Further it had said that the junk food industry is
vast and is becoming increasingly sophisticated, and children are its prime
targets and moreover it had also recommended that there be a restriction on consumption
of foods rich in fat and sugars.
This Photo of Prince Louis and Mother Kate is going 'VIRAL' Well, Prince Louis is taking the Internet by storm even before his tooth comes out. A Photo of Prince Louis along with his mother Kate Middleton is taking the Internet by storm. The photo was clicked by Matt Porteous and it was released on the Social media by the Kensington Palace.
- 11-Year-Old Girl was Sexually Harassed by 15 men for 7 months in various places
- Parliament Session begins Tomorrow - Controversial Bills to be Passed?
- Pawan Failed to STOP: Renu Desai REVEALS !!
- Why Croatia Coach reacted badly after France won FIFA 2018?
- TN CM conveyed to Centre to admit students to AYUSH courses based on NEET
- Apple definitely worried in market that sells 3.2 million handsets in a year
- How mishap happened during PMs Rally at WB
- Excitement continues for France after winning FIFA World Cup 2018
- Heavy rains lashed Kerala, reliable camps functioning
- Lieutenant Governor Kiran Bedi warned SVMCH College to a fee dispute
- Former Indian Cricket Captain Mohammed Azharuddin ready to fight 2019 Polls
- Controversy after ADMK MLA condoles Rowdy death!
- Trump and his discussion with Putin!
- Why so many IT Raids in Tamil Nadu?
- Gopu and Babu join BJP!