According to sources the union government said there is no proposal at present to ban advertisements of junk food on television. However, nine major food business operators have decided not to advertise products containing high fat on children’s channels out of their own volition.
Meanwhile according to report Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting, told the Lok Sabha during Question Hour that bodies like the Food and Beverage Alliance of India (FBIA) have already decided to voluntarily restrict food and beverage advertisements when it comes to children. Further Rathore said in Parliament that companies, including Hindustan Unilever and Nestle, have agreed to accept the government’s new order.
Accordingly the Union Minister for Information and
Broadcasting Smriti Irani said in a written reply that there were in fact no
such proposals. It was previously rumored that the Centre would also impose a
ban on ads of soft drinks. Further it had said that the junk food industry is
vast and is becoming increasingly sophisticated, and children are its prime
targets and moreover it had also recommended that there be a restriction on consumption
of foods rich in fat and sugars.
Mohammed Bagheri said Iran will 'never bow the demands of the US' According to sources the Chief of General Staff for the Iranian Armed Forces, Maj. Gen. Mohammed Bagheri, addressed a conference of military leaders from more than 35 countries yesterday as he made the stern remarks. Meanwhile in a pointed message aimed at the US he claimed Washington was too involved in the affairs of the Middle East.
- Kanna Lakshminarayana move may shock his fans
- Will Congress capture Karnataka by winning 130 seats?
- 15 persons died of sunstroke in Adilabad, Karimnagar districts
- Husband rapes wife with friends just after 3 days of marriage!
- Powerstar gets powerful notices!
- Actress sexually harassed while driving Activa scooter!
- Petrol, Diesel price rise and the effect of taxes - All you need to know!
- Pawan Twitter war turned into caste war between Kammas and Kapus
- TCS crossed $100-billion mark in terms of market capitalization
- Has Pawan surrendered to BJP?
- Can anyone weaken the Bond between BJP & AIADMK?
- Save the Constitution campaign catapulted by Congress President
- Moscow welcomes North Koreas Kim Jong Un declaration on halting nuclear tests
- Strict punishment for those raping girls below 12 years: President
- Mudragada asked Pawan to fight against ruling TDP