According to sources the union government said there is no proposal at present to ban advertisements of junk food on television. However, nine major food business operators have decided not to advertise products containing high fat on children’s channels out of their own volition.
Meanwhile according to report Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting, told the Lok Sabha during Question Hour that bodies like the Food and Beverage Alliance of India (FBIA) have already decided to voluntarily restrict food and beverage advertisements when it comes to children. Further Rathore said in Parliament that companies, including Hindustan Unilever and Nestle, have agreed to accept the government’s new order.
Accordingly the Union Minister for Information and
Broadcasting Smriti Irani said in a written reply that there were in fact no
such proposals. It was previously rumored that the Centre would also impose a
ban on ads of soft drinks. Further it had said that the junk food industry is
vast and is becoming increasingly sophisticated, and children are its prime
targets and moreover it had also recommended that there be a restriction on consumption
of foods rich in fat and sugars.
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes