According to sources the union government said there is no proposal at present to ban advertisements of junk food on television. However, nine major food business operators have decided not to advertise products containing high fat on children’s channels out of their own volition.
Meanwhile according to report Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting, told the Lok Sabha during Question Hour that bodies like the Food and Beverage Alliance of India (FBIA) have already decided to voluntarily restrict food and beverage advertisements when it comes to children. Further Rathore said in Parliament that companies, including Hindustan Unilever and Nestle, have agreed to accept the government’s new order.
Accordingly the Union Minister for Information and
Broadcasting Smriti Irani said in a written reply that there were in fact no
such proposals. It was previously rumored that the Centre would also impose a
ban on ads of soft drinks. Further it had said that the junk food industry is
vast and is becoming increasingly sophisticated, and children are its prime
targets and moreover it had also recommended that there be a restriction on consumption
of foods rich in fat and sugars.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar