While the smart phone market is booming, all the network providers in the country are coming up with different plans to lure customers and focus on increasing their market and expanding the customer base. In such a scenario, it has been revealed that Airtel, Vodafone and idea are planning to join hands to counter Reliance Jio.
Infact, reliance Jio was the first to analyze and identify that India has a huge Market for feature phones and decided to develop customized feature phones to exploit the market and demand. Now, Airtel, Vodafone and idea are planning to develop new cheaper feature phones to counter Jio. While Jio announced a low cost feature phone, the other 3 said companies are planning to release a feature phone which would cost just Rupees five hundred, besides also offering data services and calls at a cheaper and fixed rate between rupees 60-70.
On the other hand,
Mukesh Ambani's reliance Jio announced feature phones with call services at 49
rupees per month. Though the smart phone users are increasing, the demand for
feature phones hasn't decreased a bit, and that's the reason behind the
companies fighting it out in the feature phone market. In a sudden twist to
events, Airtel, Vodafone and idea are planning to launch event smart phones at
500 rupees. This might definitely be a huge setback for reliance Jio which was
a fast growing telecom operator.
AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal! Justice AK Sikri has rejected the central government position at the Commonwealth Secretariat Arbitral Tribunal (CSAT). CBI director Alok Verma was ousted from his post last week, with AK Sikri being an important member of the vigilance committee that was headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and this was the committee that decided to remove
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal
- Modi calls DMK as the biggest enemy!
- Terrorists killed in early morning encounter!
- Dinakaran Vs Anbazhagan catches fire!
- Tehelka editor reveals shocker!