According to sources as per the lunar calendar, Shivaratri falls on February 13. Meanwhile this is considered very important festival as it is believed that one would attain salvation or moksha absolving from the all the sins. Sources have stated that the festival is celebrated in reverence of Lord Shiva, who is one among Hindu Trinity. Brahma is the creator of the world; Vishnu is the protector of the world; and Shiva is the destroyer, thus making it a full circle.
While the temples witness huge rush and devotees performing poojas, here is small guide as what one should not offer while performing pooja to Lord Shiva. Firstly women should never put vermilion to Shivalinga, but instead apply sandalwood paste. Secondly while turmeric is considered important part in the ritual, but it is avoided for Lord Shiva. Thirdly Lord Shiva likes white flowers, so red flowers are never offered, and 'kethki' and 'kevada' white flowers are also avoided.
Fourthly milk should not be offered with conch a it is said to bring ill-luck.
Fifthly tulsi leaves should not be offered as it is it considered that it makes
pooja incomplete. Last but not least coconut water should also be avoided.
Finally water shouldn't be offered to the Shivalinga using metal and steel.
AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal! Justice AK Sikri has rejected the central government position at the Commonwealth Secretariat Arbitral Tribunal (CSAT). CBI director Alok Verma was ousted from his post last week, with AK Sikri being an important member of the vigilance committee that was headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and this was the committee that decided to remove
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal
- Modi calls DMK as the biggest enemy!
- Terrorists killed in early morning encounter!
- Dinakaran Vs Anbazhagan catches fire!
- Tehelka editor reveals shocker!