According to sources as per the lunar calendar, Shivaratri falls on February 13. Meanwhile this is considered very important festival as it is believed that one would attain salvation or moksha absolving from the all the sins. Sources have stated that the festival is celebrated in reverence of Lord Shiva, who is one among Hindu Trinity. Brahma is the creator of the world; Vishnu is the protector of the world; and Shiva is the destroyer, thus making it a full circle.
While the temples witness huge rush and devotees performing poojas, here is small guide as what one should not offer while performing pooja to Lord Shiva. Firstly women should never put vermilion to Shivalinga, but instead apply sandalwood paste. Secondly while turmeric is considered important part in the ritual, but it is avoided for Lord Shiva. Thirdly Lord Shiva likes white flowers, so red flowers are never offered, and 'kethki' and 'kevada' white flowers are also avoided.
Fourthly milk should not be offered with conch a it is said to bring ill-luck.
Fifthly tulsi leaves should not be offered as it is it considered that it makes
pooja incomplete. Last but not least coconut water should also be avoided.
Finally water shouldn't be offered to the Shivalinga using metal and steel.
Devotional Politics or Films? It was announced today that Superstar Rajnikanth will next star in a movie directed by Karthik Subbaraj of Pizza, Jigarthanda and Iraivi fame, and bankrolled by Sun Pictures. Earlier, Rajnikanth had made an announcement that he will be involved in devotional politics, and was keen on starting his political journey.
- Airtel comes to the rescue of Aircel!
- Will Rahul Gandhi beat Modi in 2019?
- Is Kamal Haasan is in Confusion, to achieve corruption free Tamil nadu?
- Singer Papon in trouble over kissing!!
- Priyanka ends Modi's contract!!
- Backlash against Snapchat major revamp led to a Change.org petition entitled
- Naidu under flak over the nomination of industrialists for Rajya Sabha
- CID & ED registered two FIRs each to probe SEZ unit of Gitanjali Group
- PNB's 10,000 credit or debit card holders affected by a data breach by fugitive luxury jewelers
- Ivanka Trump likely to meet Pyongyang's delegation during its trip
- DoT unveiled a strategic plan for bringing together state owned telecom companies
- Rahul Gandhi accused TDP and BJP of cheating AP people in special status
- IT issued a show cause notice to Kothari
- Brazilian Government takes steps to eradicate yellow fever
- Indian Sikh man's turban ripped by white man outside UK Parliament