According to sources as per the lunar calendar, Shivaratri falls on February 13. Meanwhile this is considered very important festival as it is believed that one would attain salvation or moksha absolving from the all the sins. Sources have stated that the festival is celebrated in reverence of Lord Shiva, who is one among Hindu Trinity. Brahma is the creator of the world; Vishnu is the protector of the world; and Shiva is the destroyer, thus making it a full circle.
While the temples witness huge rush and devotees performing poojas, here is small guide as what one should not offer while performing pooja to Lord Shiva. Firstly women should never put vermilion to Shivalinga, but instead apply sandalwood paste. Secondly while turmeric is considered important part in the ritual, but it is avoided for Lord Shiva. Thirdly Lord Shiva likes white flowers, so red flowers are never offered, and 'kethki' and 'kevada' white flowers are also avoided.
Fourthly milk should not be offered with conch a it is said to bring ill-luck.
Fifthly tulsi leaves should not be offered as it is it considered that it makes
pooja incomplete. Last but not least coconut water should also be avoided.
Finally water shouldn't be offered to the Shivalinga using metal and steel.
BJP's Rafale deal explanation, and Congress turn! The social media has been filled with rift between BJP and Congress over the Rafale fighter Jet deal. Both the political parties have released videos explaining the Rafale deal, trying to explain the deal that took place. The first of these videos were released by the BJP party, who had put the video as a response to the statement by Congress president Rahul Gandhi that his party will present the Rafale deal of 2016 to get 36 fighter jets, to display the NDA government as corrupt.
- Former PM Vajpayee Health turns Critical - Modi visits AIIMS immediately
- Facebook makes it more difficult to run Fake or Compromised Accounts
- Amazon slowly but strongly keeping its Leg in Indian market
- Has Rahul Gandhi married Congress Party?
- Ease of living index based on four parameters
- Indian rupee fell to a record low of 70 against US dollar
- Weather forecast for Telangana in next two days
- Why Tamilnadu CM & his Cabinet didn't attend Karunanidhi s burial?
- BMW starts "technical campaign" in Europe to check problems in other market
- Actor Parthiban gives a shocker!
- Heavy rains all over Tamilnadu!
- Stalin cries, expressing his grief!
- High court orders transfer of Thoothukudi shootout cases to CBI!
- Women Freedom Fighters of India who fought against all Evils of Life
- #HappyIndependenceDay - PM Modi's Full Speech on 71 years of Independence