The biopic of Arunachalam Muruganandham, Padman, released last Friday, has been banned in Pakistan. The federal censor board of Pakistan has banned the release of the film, stating that the federal board cannot allow the release of films against the traditions and cultural values of the country, as said by Ishaq Ahmad, a member of FCB.
Padman was also rejected by the Punjab film censor board, which even refused to watch the film saying that the film projected something taboo and hence there are no possibilities of a clearance certificate. They've said that they can't allow their country's distributors to release films that impact their traditions and values in a negative way. Syed Noor, a Pakistani film maker said that the distributors must be met sooner and instructed on choosing of films to be imported from other nations while ensuring they don't hurt sentiments of Pakistanis and also said that besides Padman, Padmaavat also deserved ban as it projects Muslims in a wrong way.
Padman has opened to extremely
positive reviews and earned 10.26 crores in day 1, and is on the way to a 50
crores weekend. The fictional take on the life of Arunachalam Muruganandham who
had developed low cost sanitary pad making machine, stars Akshay Kumar, Radhika
Apte and Sonam Kapoor and is directed by R.Balki.
Rajinikanth targeted Centre on the Mekedatu issue Chennai sources stated that the State government should take appropriate legal action over the Mekedatu issue, to safeguard its rights, if the Centre’s claim that Tamilnadu will not be affected by the dam project is proved false. Accordingly actor Rajinikanth has said “The Centre has claimed that the Mekedatu project will not affect Tamilnadu and if it proves otherwise then legal action should be taken. This is the only option".
- Will Rahul Gandhi apologize PM in Rafael Deal issue?
- Top mentioned Telangana Candidates in Twitter
- Cyclonic Storm prevails over AP & North Tamilnadu
- Interpol issued RCN to Mehul Choksi
- Ambani spent 100 Crores for Isha Ambani's Wedding
- YSRCP Leaders made a complaint to EC preventing Fake Votes
- Employee comes in Ambulance to ask leave!
- Minister Vijayabhaskar expresses joy!
- Rahul gives an opportunity for BJP!
- BJP losing Urban seats Day by Day
- Malaysia Fantastic Deals Package launched for Indian Tourists
- KTR confident in winning Lok Sabha Polls by 2019
- Swiggy's Next Customer base is Students
- Will KCR replicate Rythu Bandhu Scheme across India?
- Celebrities across Globe attended Isha-Anand Royal Wedding