The biopic of Arunachalam Muruganandham, Padman, released last Friday, has been banned in Pakistan. The federal censor board of Pakistan has banned the release of the film, stating that the federal board cannot allow the release of films against the traditions and cultural values of the country, as said by Ishaq Ahmad, a member of FCB.
Padman was also rejected by the Punjab film censor board, which even refused to watch the film saying that the film projected something taboo and hence there are no possibilities of a clearance certificate. They've said that they can't allow their country's distributors to release films that impact their traditions and values in a negative way. Syed Noor, a Pakistani film maker said that the distributors must be met sooner and instructed on choosing of films to be imported from other nations while ensuring they don't hurt sentiments of Pakistanis and also said that besides Padman, Padmaavat also deserved ban as it projects Muslims in a wrong way.
Padman has opened to extremely
positive reviews and earned 10.26 crores in day 1, and is on the way to a 50
crores weekend. The fictional take on the life of Arunachalam Muruganandham who
had developed low cost sanitary pad making machine, stars Akshay Kumar, Radhika
Apte and Sonam Kapoor and is directed by R.Balki.
Mohammed Bagheri said Iran will 'never bow the demands of the US' According to sources the Chief of General Staff for the Iranian Armed Forces, Maj. Gen. Mohammed Bagheri, addressed a conference of military leaders from more than 35 countries yesterday as he made the stern remarks. Meanwhile in a pointed message aimed at the US he claimed Washington was too involved in the affairs of the Middle East.
- Kanna Lakshminarayana move may shock his fans
- Will Congress capture Karnataka by winning 130 seats?
- 15 persons died of sunstroke in Adilabad, Karimnagar districts
- Husband rapes wife with friends just after 3 days of marriage!
- Powerstar gets powerful notices!
- Actress sexually harassed while driving Activa scooter!
- Petrol, Diesel price rise and the effect of taxes - All you need to know!
- Pawan Twitter war turned into caste war between Kammas and Kapus
- TCS crossed $100-billion mark in terms of market capitalization
- Has Pawan surrendered to BJP?
- Can anyone weaken the Bond between BJP & AIADMK?
- Save the Constitution campaign catapulted by Congress President
- Moscow welcomes North Koreas Kim Jong Un declaration on halting nuclear tests
- Strict punishment for those raping girls below 12 years: President
- Mudragada asked Pawan to fight against ruling TDP