RBI has revealed that, the old 500 and 1000 rupees notes which were banned after the demonetization rule imposed in October 2016, are still being processed to assess genuineness and arithmetic reasons.
Following an RTI petition filed by a press reporter, RBI had reported that the processing of specific bank notes is still in progress and once the reconciliation is done, the report will be shared. As of June 30,2017, the total value of specific bank notes received was approximately around a whopping 15.28 trillion. When enquired on the approximate time or deadline set to completion of reconciliation, RBI said that the activity is currently in progress at a rapid pace with 59 currency Verification and processing machines at different locations of the country.
While it has been estimated that 99%
of the demonetized notes have come to RBI, for June 30 year end, only
16050 crore of the total 15.44 lakh crores demonetized notes hadn't been
returned. The split up of the 15.44 lakh crores is 1716.5 crores of 500 rupees
and 685.8 crores of 1000 rupees notes.
This Photo of Prince Louis and Mother Kate is going 'VIRAL' Well, Prince Louis is taking the Internet by storm even before his tooth comes out. A Photo of Prince Louis along with his mother Kate Middleton is taking the Internet by storm. The photo was clicked by Matt Porteous and it was released on the Social media by the Kensington Palace.
- 11-Year-Old Girl was Sexually Harassed by 15 men for 7 months in various places
- Parliament Session begins Tomorrow - Controversial Bills to be Passed?
- Pawan Failed to STOP: Renu Desai REVEALS !!
- Why Croatia Coach reacted badly after France won FIFA 2018?
- TN CM conveyed to Centre to admit students to AYUSH courses based on NEET
- Apple definitely worried in market that sells 3.2 million handsets in a year
- How mishap happened during PMs Rally at WB
- Excitement continues for France after winning FIFA World Cup 2018
- Heavy rains lashed Kerala, reliable camps functioning
- Lieutenant Governor Kiran Bedi warned SVMCH College to a fee dispute
- Former Indian Cricket Captain Mohammed Azharuddin ready to fight 2019 Polls
- Controversy after ADMK MLA condoles Rowdy death!
- Trump and his discussion with Putin!
- Why so many IT Raids in Tamil Nadu?
- Gopu and Babu join BJP!