RBI has revealed that, the old 500 and 1000 rupees notes which were banned after the demonetization rule imposed in October 2016, are still being processed to assess genuineness and arithmetic reasons.
Following an RTI petition filed by a press reporter, RBI had reported that the processing of specific bank notes is still in progress and once the reconciliation is done, the report will be shared. As of June 30,2017, the total value of specific bank notes received was approximately around a whopping 15.28 trillion. When enquired on the approximate time or deadline set to completion of reconciliation, RBI said that the activity is currently in progress at a rapid pace with 59 currency Verification and processing machines at different locations of the country.
While it has been estimated that 99%
of the demonetized notes have come to RBI, for June 30 year end, only
16050 crore of the total 15.44 lakh crores demonetized notes hadn't been
returned. The split up of the 15.44 lakh crores is 1716.5 crores of 500 rupees
and 685.8 crores of 1000 rupees notes.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar