RBI has revealed that, the old 500 and 1000 rupees notes which were banned after the demonetization rule imposed in October 2016, are still being processed to assess genuineness and arithmetic reasons.
Following an RTI petition filed by a press reporter, RBI had reported that the processing of specific bank notes is still in progress and once the reconciliation is done, the report will be shared. As of June 30,2017, the total value of specific bank notes received was approximately around a whopping 15.28 trillion. When enquired on the approximate time or deadline set to completion of reconciliation, RBI said that the activity is currently in progress at a rapid pace with 59 currency Verification and processing machines at different locations of the country.
While it has been estimated that 99%
of the demonetized notes have come to RBI, for June 30 year end, only
16050 crore of the total 15.44 lakh crores demonetized notes hadn't been
returned. The split up of the 15.44 lakh crores is 1716.5 crores of 500 rupees
and 685.8 crores of 1000 rupees notes.
Will Rahul Gandhi apologize PM in Rafael Deal issue? New Delhi sources stated that BJP Friday demanded an apology from the Congress and its president Rahul Gandhi for levying allegations against Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the Rafael fighter jet deal, in which the Supreme Court has given the government a clean chit. Meanwhile the apex court dismissed all petitions seeking a direction to the CBI to register an FIR for alleged irregularities in
- Top mentioned Telangana Candidates in Twitter
- Cyclonic Storm prevails over AP & North Tamilnadu
- Interpol issued RCN to Mehul Choksi
- Ambani spent 100 Crores for Isha Ambani's Wedding
- YSRCP Leaders made a complaint to EC preventing Fake Votes
- Employee comes in Ambulance to ask leave!
- Minister Vijayabhaskar expresses joy!
- Rahul gives an opportunity for BJP!
- BJP losing Urban seats Day by Day
- Malaysia Fantastic Deals Package launched for Indian Tourists
- KTR confident in winning Lok Sabha Polls by 2019
- Swiggy's Next Customer base is Students
- Will KCR replicate Rythu Bandhu Scheme across India?
- Celebrities across Globe attended Isha-Anand Royal Wedding
- KCR took oath as CM of Telangana for Second Time