RBI has revealed that, the old 500 and 1000 rupees notes which were banned after the demonetization rule imposed in October 2016, are still being processed to assess genuineness and arithmetic reasons.
Following an RTI petition filed by a press reporter, RBI had reported that the processing of specific bank notes is still in progress and once the reconciliation is done, the report will be shared. As of June 30,2017, the total value of specific bank notes received was approximately around a whopping 15.28 trillion. When enquired on the approximate time or deadline set to completion of reconciliation, RBI said that the activity is currently in progress at a rapid pace with 59 currency Verification and processing machines at different locations of the country.
While it has been estimated that 99%
of the demonetized notes have come to RBI, for June 30 year end, only
16050 crore of the total 15.44 lakh crores demonetized notes hadn't been
returned. The split up of the 15.44 lakh crores is 1716.5 crores of 500 rupees
and 685.8 crores of 1000 rupees notes.
Mohammed Bagheri said Iran will 'never bow the demands of the US' According to sources the Chief of General Staff for the Iranian Armed Forces, Maj. Gen. Mohammed Bagheri, addressed a conference of military leaders from more than 35 countries yesterday as he made the stern remarks. Meanwhile in a pointed message aimed at the US he claimed Washington was too involved in the affairs of the Middle East.
- Kanna Lakshminarayana move may shock his fans
- Will Congress capture Karnataka by winning 130 seats?
- 15 persons died of sunstroke in Adilabad, Karimnagar districts
- Husband rapes wife with friends just after 3 days of marriage!
- Powerstar gets powerful notices!
- Actress sexually harassed while driving Activa scooter!
- Petrol, Diesel price rise and the effect of taxes - All you need to know!
- Pawan Twitter war turned into caste war between Kammas and Kapus
- TCS crossed $100-billion mark in terms of market capitalization
- Has Pawan surrendered to BJP?
- Can anyone weaken the Bond between BJP & AIADMK?
- Save the Constitution campaign catapulted by Congress President
- Moscow welcomes North Koreas Kim Jong Un declaration on halting nuclear tests
- Strict punishment for those raping girls below 12 years: President
- Mudragada asked Pawan to fight against ruling TDP