According to sources from Puducherry with the success of the Pondicherry-Hyderabad flights launched by SpiceJet in August 2017, the airport is all set to get more flights, thanks to Centre’s UDAN (Ude Desh ka Aam Naagrik) scheme. According to latest report the daily flight will take off from Bengaluru at 9.40 am and land here at 10.30 am.
Meanwhile the return flight, SG 3420, will take off from here at 10.50 am and land in Bengaluru at 12.10 pm. Presently according to sources the Spicejet had launched its service in 2013 with direct flights connecting Puducherry and Bengaluru, but stopped its operation after about a year. Puducherry is one of the four un-served markets the airline started operating to under the UDAN scheme.
A senior official from tourism department said “Puducherry is one of the
most sought after tourist destinations in the country. Meanwhile the
introduction of flight service is definitely a boost to the tourist sector as
the journey became more convenient for the visitors. The Union Territory is
also a hub of education, healthcare and home to several big IT software and
hardware giants and furthermore the flight service introduction will add
further to the growth of the state".
Airtel comes to the rescue of Aircel! The Indian telecom giant Airtel has come forward to the rescue of Aircel, which is currently in deep trouble. Following the involvement of Airltel , it is expected that the troubles of Aircel will reduce gradually. As Aircel signals haven't been received by many all over the country, people have begun porting their numbers to the other popular networks in the country.
- Will Rahul Gandhi beat Modi in 2019?
- Is Kamal Haasan is in Confusion, to achieve corruption free Tamil nadu?
- Singer Papon in trouble over kissing!!
- Priyanka ends Modi's contract!!
- Backlash against Snapchat major revamp led to a Change.org petition entitled
- Naidu under flak over the nomination of industrialists for Rajya Sabha
- CID & ED registered two FIRs each to probe SEZ unit of Gitanjali Group
- PNB's 10,000 credit or debit card holders affected by a data breach by fugitive luxury jewelers
- Ivanka Trump likely to meet Pyongyang's delegation during its trip
- DoT unveiled a strategic plan for bringing together state owned telecom companies
- Rahul Gandhi accused TDP and BJP of cheating AP people in special status
- IT issued a show cause notice to Kothari
- Brazilian Government takes steps to eradicate yellow fever
- Indian Sikh man's turban ripped by white man outside UK Parliament
- India moves to cancel Nirav Modi's passport