According to sources Arcelor Mittal said that its subsidiary Arcelor Mittal India Pvt Ltd (AMIPL) has submitted an offer for Essar Steel India Limited in line with the corporate insolvency resolution process for Indian steel company. Meanwhile in its offer, AMIPL set out a detailed industrial plan for the debt laden steel maker to address its operational issues and aimed at improving its performance and profitability.
Accordingly Essar provides a compelling opportunity for us to enter the high growth Indian steel market. The offer submitted today by AMIPL includes a detailed investment plan to address operational issues in Essar's existing asset base. Arcelor Mittal Chairman and CEO Lakshmi Mittal said "With their industry expertise and renowned operating prowess, they believe that they are uniquely equipped to implement a successful turnaround which would be beneficial to its stakeholders".
As per the statement "Essar Steel is an integrated flat steel
producer and has a crude steel capacity of 9.6 million tonnes per annum,
although the current maximum achievable crude steel production level is 6.1
million tonnes per annum, due to a bottleneck in the steel making and casting
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar