India's first virtual 3D planetarium has been set up in Mangalore, with just a month left for the launch of Chandrayaan 2. The Swami Vivekananda 3D Planetarium in Mangalore, has a projection dome, which is 18 meters in diameter, and is located at Doctor Shuvaram karanth Pilikula Nisargadhama.
The planetarium at Pilikula, boasts of latest technologies to take the visitors on a celestial tour, and plans to attract students, astronomers and space observers. The observatory makes use of Megastar IIA optical projector, developed by Japan based Ohira Tech, and the LED Based projector of 8K resolution comprises of 32 lenses with the capacity to beam 20 million stars seamlessly, without projected or overlapping visuals.
While being equipped with stereo 3D
glasses, the people visiting will also get a feel of the celestial bodies and
the astronomical objects, with the UHD enhancing the overall experience. The
dome's 15 degree tilt can also help the audience get the experience of space
travel. The planetarium also has 5.1 surround system. This project, which
began in 2013, has been developed at a cost of 24 crores, and finally, with an
escalated budget of 35 crores, has been completed. It can seat 70 people, and
the pricing of tickets is at a nominal 60 Rs for adults and 25 Rs for children,
per show, with shows in English, Hindi, Kannada and Malayalam.
Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone Megastar Chiranjeevi along with his wife Surekha Konidela met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Chief Minister's official residence in Tadepalli on Monday as a courtesy call on Monday. This is the first time that the Chiranjeevi met him after YS Jagan took charge.
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai