Rameswaram sources have reported that the National memorial for the former President Dr A P J Abdul Kalam at Peykarumbu where he was laid to rest here has now more exhibits reflective of India's wider history, architecture and cultural traditions. According to sources the Dr Kalam memorial, which already attracts a large number of tourists and pilgrims who visit this island, built and maintained by the Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO), has been enriched to make it more informative and interesting to tourists.
Meanwhile according to sources some of the rooms in the memorial kept closed earlier have now been thrown open to visitors and tourists, even as facilities for visitors to relax have been augmented.
Accordingly more icon replicas of Dr Kalam in
various poses with different personalities and an audio and visual of his last
interaction at IIM Shillong before he collapsed there have been added in the
memorial hall for visitors to know and relish. Many tourists are visiting
the place as it’s a place of pilgrim too.
Putin uses election run-up to emphasize Russia's role as a major world power Moscow sources reported that Russia on Sunday is set to elect Vladimir Putin to a historic fourth Kremlin term, as the country faces increasing isolation over a spy poisoning in Britain and a fresh round of US sanctions. Meanwhile since taking power 18 years ago, Putin has stamped his total authority on the country, silencing opposition and reasserting Moscow's lost might abroad.
- Jagan Mohan Reddy will be the new Chief Minister says YSR Panchangam!
- Saudi Crown Prince Vision 2030 seeks to jump-start women's sports
- KCR plans to meet West Bengal CM soon
- Sonia Gandhi feels Modi's policies are dramebaazi
- Issue of No Confidence Motion brought attention of nation towards AP
- Sri Lanka lifted a week-long ban on Facebook
- Why Shami wants to meet West Bengal CM?
- President arrived in Bhubaneswar on a two day visit to Odisha
- US to assess the impact of Heartfulness Meditation on insomnia
- Pawan blasted Chandrababu Naidu, since he is misguided
- US provides 15% of its weapons imports throughout globe
- Presidential period prolonged for Xi Jingping
- Singapore, worlds most expensive city for 5th consecutive year
- Ugadi celebrations and scientific reasons?
- US President criticized by United States for election meddling & other actions