Rameswaram sources have reported that the National memorial for the former President Dr A P J Abdul Kalam at Peykarumbu where he was laid to rest here has now more exhibits reflective of India's wider history, architecture and cultural traditions. According to sources the Dr Kalam memorial, which already attracts a large number of tourists and pilgrims who visit this island, built and maintained by the Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO), has been enriched to make it more informative and interesting to tourists.
Meanwhile according to sources some of the rooms in the memorial kept closed earlier have now been thrown open to visitors and tourists, even as facilities for visitors to relax have been augmented.
Accordingly more icon replicas of Dr Kalam in
various poses with different personalities and an audio and visual of his last
interaction at IIM Shillong before he collapsed there have been added in the
memorial hall for visitors to know and relish. Many tourists are visiting
the place as it’s a place of pilgrim too.
List of links & locations for donating funds & supplies to Kerala Flood Relief As per report heavy rains and the subsequent flooding in Kerala have wreaked havoc in several parts of the state. Meanwhile as houses have been completely waterlogged and destroyed, many have become homeless and taken refuge in relief camps. Several people have even been marooned in their own houses, without food, water, electricity and other basic supplies and following this, people from all quarters, including
- No 108 Services at night in AP
- 32,000 Servers, 595 Smart Homes in India in risk of leaking data
- States which declared Holiday on demise of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Ashok Leyland next focus is launching Double Decker Buses in Tamilnadu
- Vajpayee led a dedicated, Careless Work Ethics
- Will 3 UP Airports names be renamed?
- KCR orders Officers to be alert during heavy Rain
- What's Alagiri's next plan?
- Kollidam break leads to flood!
- A never before witnesses calamity in Kerala!
- Vajpayee cremated with National Honors!
- SC told Tamilnadu to scrupulously comply to reduce water level in Mullaiperiyaar Dam
- Hundreds of people fled fighting in Ghazni
- Rescue work in Kerala continued through night by all three defense forces
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Cremation held on bank of Yamuna