According to sources after tasting success in emerging markets like India and Southeast Asia and expanding into Western Europe, Chinese Smartphone maker Xiaomi is all set to enter the US market as early as this year. Meanwhile Xiaomi Chairman Lei Jun was quoted as saying that "They have always been considering entering the US market". He added Xiaomi has grown exponentially in India, which recently overtook the US to become the world's second largest Smartphone market after China.
Meanwhile according to the International Data Corporation (IDC), Xiaomi shared the top slot with South Korea's Samsung in India, with a market share of 23.5%, in the third quarter of 2017. Accordingly in the fourth quarter, Xiaomi emerged a clear leader with 26.8% market share, with Samsung second at 24.2% market share.
Further Xiaomi already sells a number of products
in the US, including its Android TV set-top box, Mi TV, at Walmart locations
around the country. Moreover it recently launched its TVs in India as well. And
given the disruption it saw in the Smartphone space with low-process high value
and quality products, TV makers need brace for some tough times. Accordingly
its success in the US Smartphone market will ultimately depend on carriers and
it will also need to navigate potential concerns from US intelligence
Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article Hyderabad sources made a statement that after taking swift action on websites that posted news of a rumored affair between film actor Prabhas and Y.S. Sharmila, sister of YSRCP chief Y.S Jaganmohan Reddy, the Hyderabad Police sent notices to 12 websites which have published such defamatory articles and videos.
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites
- Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall