According to sources after tasting success in emerging markets like India and Southeast Asia and expanding into Western Europe, Chinese Smartphone maker Xiaomi is all set to enter the US market as early as this year. Meanwhile Xiaomi Chairman Lei Jun was quoted as saying that "They have always been considering entering the US market". He added Xiaomi has grown exponentially in India, which recently overtook the US to become the world's second largest Smartphone market after China.
Meanwhile according to the International Data Corporation (IDC), Xiaomi shared the top slot with South Korea's Samsung in India, with a market share of 23.5%, in the third quarter of 2017. Accordingly in the fourth quarter, Xiaomi emerged a clear leader with 26.8% market share, with Samsung second at 24.2% market share.
Further Xiaomi already sells a number of products
in the US, including its Android TV set-top box, Mi TV, at Walmart locations
around the country. Moreover it recently launched its TVs in India as well. And
given the disruption it saw in the Smartphone space with low-process high value
and quality products, TV makers need brace for some tough times. Accordingly
its success in the US Smartphone market will ultimately depend on carriers and
it will also need to navigate potential concerns from US intelligence
Southern states join hands against Modi!! Despite heavy troubles given to people with demonetization, to the traders and businessmen with the implementation of GST, and the constant failures and non implementation of promised and proposed government schemes leading to a drastic economic downfall, the Modi lead government has been in the rule yet. However, the situation has now deteriorated further. The Modi lead BJP had won the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, winning by a majority of 282 seats, and coming to rule.
- Putin uses election run-up to emphasize Russia's role as a major world power
- Jagan Mohan Reddy will be the new Chief Minister says YSR Panchangam!
- Saudi Crown Prince Vision 2030 seeks to jump-start women's sports
- KCR plans to meet West Bengal CM soon
- Sonia Gandhi feels Modi's policies are dramebaazi
- Issue of No Confidence Motion brought attention of nation towards AP
- Sri Lanka lifted a week-long ban on Facebook
- Why Shami wants to meet West Bengal CM?
- President arrived in Bhubaneswar on a two day visit to Odisha
- US to assess the impact of Heartfulness Meditation on insomnia
- Pawan blasted Chandrababu Naidu, since he is misguided
- US provides 15% of its weapons imports throughout globe
- Presidential period prolonged for Xi Jingping
- Singapore, worlds most expensive city for 5th consecutive year
- Ugadi celebrations and scientific reasons?