Hyderabad sources have reported that ace gymnast B Aruna Reddy, who became the first Indian to win a medal at the Gymnastics World Cup in Melbourne, has been appointed by the South Central Railway in 'Group C' category.
According to sources Aruna Reddy (22) created history last month by winning an individual bronze medal in the women's vault. Meanwhile SCR's Chief Public Relations Officer M Umashankar Kumar said in a release that "The star sports performer, who won the bronze medal in the World Cup tournament, has been given employment on South Central Railway in 'Group C' category".
Moreover another senior official said the group C category is a
ministerial cadre and Reddy would be posted as a clerk. He said the gymnast has
accepted the offer letter. Accordingly SCR General Manager Vinod Kumar Yadav
expressed confidence that the star gymnast will continue to dazzle with her
performance, bringing glory to Indian Railways and the Nation. Further the
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao had announced a cash prize of Rs
two crore for Reddy for her accomplishments.
List of links & locations for donating funds & supplies to Kerala Flood Relief As per report heavy rains and the subsequent flooding in Kerala have wreaked havoc in several parts of the state. Meanwhile as houses have been completely waterlogged and destroyed, many have become homeless and taken refuge in relief camps. Several people have even been marooned in their own houses, without food, water, electricity and other basic supplies and following this, people from all quarters, including
- No 108 Services at night in AP
- 32,000 Servers, 595 Smart Homes in India in risk of leaking data
- States which declared Holiday on demise of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Ashok Leyland next focus is launching Double Decker Buses in Tamilnadu
- Vajpayee led a dedicated, Careless Work Ethics
- Will 3 UP Airports names be renamed?
- KCR orders Officers to be alert during heavy Rain
- What's Alagiri's next plan?
- Kollidam break leads to flood!
- A never before witnesses calamity in Kerala!
- Vajpayee cremated with National Honors!
- SC told Tamilnadu to scrupulously comply to reduce water level in Mullaiperiyaar Dam
- Hundreds of people fled fighting in Ghazni
- Rescue work in Kerala continued through night by all three defense forces
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Cremation held on bank of Yamuna