According to sources International Women's Day in its illustrious journey has marked the plight and achievements of women for more than a century. Moreover since then the day has been officially recognized by the UN and is celebrated across the world. It is celebrated on March 8 every year. Sources have stated that the event was marked by more than a million people in Austria, Denmark, Germany and Switzerland.
Meanwhile in recent times, only a fifth of parliamentary seats are held by women and only 19 heads of state out of a possible 196 are women. While this is seven more than what was 20 years ago, there is still much progress to be made. Accordingly women are also predicted to face another 118 year wait for the gender pay gap to close, with only 55 of the 500 richest people in the world being women.
Moreover the new agenda for International Women’s Day is to build on the
unfulfilled Millennium Development Goals, and has a standalone goal just for
the empowerment of women and girls as a core means of tackling economic
under performance, global overpopulation and poverty worldwide. Furthermore
International Women’s Day also celebrates the achievements of women throughout
history and moreover in some countries, the day is a national holiday.
RSS & BJP believe in totalitarianism: Owaisi Hyderabad sources added that MIM president Asaduddin Owaisi reacted to RSS Mohan Bhagwat's demand for a law to build a grand Ram temple at Ayodhya. Meanwhile the Hyderabad MP said that Bhagwat's statement was a clear example of a nation converted into totalitarianism. Owaisi told reporters here "The RSS and BJP believe in totalitarianism and they do not believe in pluralism or in rule of law".
- A New Century luxury Sedan Car from Toyota
- PM Narendra Modi offered prayers at Shirdi Sai Baba Temple
- Train Bulldozes into a Crowd during Dussehra Festival in Amristar
- Donald Trump calls Congressman Gianforte an incredible Montana leader
- Nara Brahmani donated for Cyclone Titli affected areas
- Congress not ready to share their seats with other grand alliance
- Pon Radhakrishnan comments amid raging MeToo storm
- Prince Harry with Meghan having great time in Sydney Beach
- Know about Dussehra & Diwali Bank Holidays
- Bumrah responds to criticism
- Menaka Gandhi demands Internal Committee!
- Rains to begin in TN soon!
- Former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, NT Tiwary passed away today
- Top Destinations to Spend Dussehra Holidays 2018
- Famous Temples to visit during Navaratri in South India