According to sources International Women's Day in its illustrious journey has marked the plight and achievements of women for more than a century. Moreover since then the day has been officially recognized by the UN and is celebrated across the world. It is celebrated on March 8 every year. Sources have stated that the event was marked by more than a million people in Austria, Denmark, Germany and Switzerland.
Meanwhile in recent times, only a fifth of parliamentary seats are held by women and only 19 heads of state out of a possible 196 are women. While this is seven more than what was 20 years ago, there is still much progress to be made. Accordingly women are also predicted to face another 118 year wait for the gender pay gap to close, with only 55 of the 500 richest people in the world being women.
Moreover the new agenda for International Women’s Day is to build on the
unfulfilled Millennium Development Goals, and has a standalone goal just for
the empowerment of women and girls as a core means of tackling economic
under performance, global overpopulation and poverty worldwide. Furthermore
International Women’s Day also celebrates the achievements of women throughout
history and moreover in some countries, the day is a national holiday.
List of links & locations for donating funds & supplies to Kerala Flood Relief As per report heavy rains and the subsequent flooding in Kerala have wreaked havoc in several parts of the state. Meanwhile as houses have been completely waterlogged and destroyed, many have become homeless and taken refuge in relief camps. Several people have even been marooned in their own houses, without food, water, electricity and other basic supplies and following this, people from all quarters, including
- No 108 Services at night in AP
- 32,000 Servers, 595 Smart Homes in India in risk of leaking data
- States which declared Holiday on demise of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Ashok Leyland next focus is launching Double Decker Buses in Tamilnadu
- Vajpayee led a dedicated, Careless Work Ethics
- Will 3 UP Airports names be renamed?
- KCR orders Officers to be alert during heavy Rain
- What's Alagiri's next plan?
- Kollidam break leads to flood!
- A never before witnesses calamity in Kerala!
- Vajpayee cremated with National Honors!
- SC told Tamilnadu to scrupulously comply to reduce water level in Mullaiperiyaar Dam
- Hundreds of people fled fighting in Ghazni
- Rescue work in Kerala continued through night by all three defense forces
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Cremation held on bank of Yamuna