According to sources International Women's Day in its illustrious journey has marked the plight and achievements of women for more than a century. Moreover since then the day has been officially recognized by the UN and is celebrated across the world. It is celebrated on March 8 every year. Sources have stated that the event was marked by more than a million people in Austria, Denmark, Germany and Switzerland.
Meanwhile in recent times, only a fifth of parliamentary seats are held by women and only 19 heads of state out of a possible 196 are women. While this is seven more than what was 20 years ago, there is still much progress to be made. Accordingly women are also predicted to face another 118 year wait for the gender pay gap to close, with only 55 of the 500 richest people in the world being women.
Moreover the new agenda for International Women’s Day is to build on the
unfulfilled Millennium Development Goals, and has a standalone goal just for
the empowerment of women and girls as a core means of tackling economic
under performance, global overpopulation and poverty worldwide. Furthermore
International Women’s Day also celebrates the achievements of women throughout
history and moreover in some countries, the day is a national holiday.
Southern states join hands against Modi!! Despite heavy troubles given to people with demonetization, to the traders and businessmen with the implementation of GST, and the constant failures and non implementation of promised and proposed government schemes leading to a drastic economic downfall, the Modi lead government has been in the rule yet. However, the situation has now deteriorated further. The Modi lead BJP had won the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, winning by a majority of 282 seats, and coming to rule.
- Putin uses election run-up to emphasize Russia's role as a major world power
- Jagan Mohan Reddy will be the new Chief Minister says YSR Panchangam!
- Saudi Crown Prince Vision 2030 seeks to jump-start women's sports
- KCR plans to meet West Bengal CM soon
- Sonia Gandhi feels Modi's policies are dramebaazi
- Issue of No Confidence Motion brought attention of nation towards AP
- Sri Lanka lifted a week-long ban on Facebook
- Why Shami wants to meet West Bengal CM?
- President arrived in Bhubaneswar on a two day visit to Odisha
- US to assess the impact of Heartfulness Meditation on insomnia
- Pawan blasted Chandrababu Naidu, since he is misguided
- US provides 15% of its weapons imports throughout globe
- Presidential period prolonged for Xi Jingping
- Singapore, worlds most expensive city for 5th consecutive year
- Ugadi celebrations and scientific reasons?