Dehradun sources have stated that part of the ashes of Bollywood actress Sridevi were immersed in the holy Ganges in Haridwar in Uttar Pradesh on Thursday by her husband and film producer Boney Kapoor. Meanwhile he was accompanied by family friend and Rajya Sabha member Amar Singh, younger brother Anil Kapoor and other family members. Accordingly Boney Kapoor broke down at one point as family priests Shiv Kumar Paliwal and Manish Jaiswal performed religious rituals at the VVIP ghat and immediately Anil Kapoor consoled his elder brother.
Meanwhile Uttarakhand Agriculture Minister Subodh Uniyal and Haridwar Mayor Manoj Garg were present during the immersion of ashes in the Ganges. Previously the family carrying the ashes in two urns landed at the Jolly Grant airport in Uttarakhand's capital in the afternoon and then drove in a fleet of cars to Haridwar.
Moreover fashion designer and family friend Manish Malhotra was also
present. Later, the family paid obeisance at Harihar temple at Kankhal. Late in
the evening, they drove back to Dehradun where they spend the night at Nature
Villa hotel. According to sources the late actor had stopped at Haridwar during a film shoot in 1993 and had
promised to return. It was to fulfill this wish of Sridevi that the family
decided to immerse her ashes in the holy Ganga after performing a similar
ritual at Rameshwaram in Tamilnadu.
TRS Party promises to waive all loans of Farmers Hyderabad sources reported that Telangana caretaker Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao (KCR) said the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) party will waive all the loans below Rs 1 lakh and double the pensions given to the beneficiaries if elected to power in the upcoming elections. While speaking to media at Telangana Bhavan and KCR announced the TRS's partial manifesto after convening a meeting with the party manifesto committee.
- Why KCR calls Chandrababu Naidu as Sani or Ill luck?
- Uttam Kumar Reddy slammed KCR for out rightly 'copying' Congress manifesto
- Bengaluru ranked 216th spot by Swachh Bharat Survekshan
- Crime rate gone down in TN?
- Vishal files case
- KCR seeks 20,000 Crores for an irrigation project
- Janasena party looking for candidates..
- 600 women arrested against immigration policy by Trump
- Cops make an entry into priests rape case
- Why Yogi hestitated to wear a cap?
- Social war between TDP and YCP
- E-Commerce Firms growth in peak this festive season
- Sensor based Smart Traffic Signals to be installed in Bengaluru
- Will Gajwel people make KCR win?
- Cracking Coconut before performing Navaratri Pooja is auspicious