Karthi Chidambaram had recently alleged that the CBI has not even filed a case against him yet. Recently, following allegations of black money involvement and money laundering by Mumbai based INX Media group, a case was filed against Karthi Chidambaram. It has been estimated that the money involved might be a whopping 307 crores approximately.
While Karthi was summoned to come in person by the CBI, following the summon, he was arrested by the CBI in Chennai Airport, and he's currently in CBI Custody. In such a scenario, the CBI had asked for further extension of time to investigate Karthi Chidambaram. CBI had made an appeal in the special court that a lot of things are pending to be investigated and collected from Karthi Chidambaram, and hence they needed the extension.
Following the appeal by CBI, the
court had granted an extension of 3 more days in custody. After the verdict,
when Karthi Chidambaram came out of the Patiala Court, he was mobbed by the
press and media, and he had given an interview. During the course of the
interview, he had said that there was no case filed against him so far. Wait
and watch out for the truth once the investigation report comes out, said
Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article Hyderabad sources made a statement that after taking swift action on websites that posted news of a rumored affair between film actor Prabhas and Y.S. Sharmila, sister of YSRCP chief Y.S Jaganmohan Reddy, the Hyderabad Police sent notices to 12 websites which have published such defamatory articles and videos.
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites
- Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall