Karthi Chidambaram had recently alleged that the CBI has not even filed a case against him yet. Recently, following allegations of black money involvement and money laundering by Mumbai based INX Media group, a case was filed against Karthi Chidambaram. It has been estimated that the money involved might be a whopping 307 crores approximately.
While Karthi was summoned to come in person by the CBI, following the summon, he was arrested by the CBI in Chennai Airport, and he's currently in CBI Custody. In such a scenario, the CBI had asked for further extension of time to investigate Karthi Chidambaram. CBI had made an appeal in the special court that a lot of things are pending to be investigated and collected from Karthi Chidambaram, and hence they needed the extension.
Following the appeal by CBI, the
court had granted an extension of 3 more days in custody. After the verdict,
when Karthi Chidambaram came out of the Patiala Court, he was mobbed by the
press and media, and he had given an interview. During the course of the
interview, he had said that there was no case filed against him so far. Wait
and watch out for the truth once the investigation report comes out, said
Southern states join hands against Modi!! Despite heavy troubles given to people with demonetization, to the traders and businessmen with the implementation of GST, and the constant failures and non implementation of promised and proposed government schemes leading to a drastic economic downfall, the Modi lead government has been in the rule yet. However, the situation has now deteriorated further. The Modi lead BJP had won the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, winning by a majority of 282 seats, and coming to rule.
- Putin uses election run-up to emphasize Russia's role as a major world power
- Jagan Mohan Reddy will be the new Chief Minister says YSR Panchangam!
- Saudi Crown Prince Vision 2030 seeks to jump-start women's sports
- KCR plans to meet West Bengal CM soon
- Sonia Gandhi feels Modi's policies are dramebaazi
- Issue of No Confidence Motion brought attention of nation towards AP
- Sri Lanka lifted a week-long ban on Facebook
- Why Shami wants to meet West Bengal CM?
- President arrived in Bhubaneswar on a two day visit to Odisha
- US to assess the impact of Heartfulness Meditation on insomnia
- Pawan blasted Chandrababu Naidu, since he is misguided
- US provides 15% of its weapons imports throughout globe
- Presidential period prolonged for Xi Jingping
- Singapore, worlds most expensive city for 5th consecutive year
- Ugadi celebrations and scientific reasons?