New Delhi sources stated that the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has told the Supreme Court that AG Perarivalan's plea seeking recall of its May 1999 judgment upholding his conviction in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case should be dismissed as it was devoid of any merits.
Meanwhile in an affidavit filed in the apex court, the CBI's Multi Disciplinary Monitoring Agency (MDMA), probing the larger conspiracy aspect behind Gandhi's assassination, has said that the role of convict AG Perarivalan in the conspiracy resulting in the killings of the former prime minister and others have already been upheld by the top court.
Accordingly the affidavit was filed in pursuance of
the apex court's January 24 direction asking the CBI to respond to
Perarivalan's plea seeking recall of the May 1999 order upholding his
conviction. Further the court had termed as "serious" and
"debatable" the questions raised by Perarivalan. Moreover he has
sought recall of the apex court's order, saying he was not aware of the
KTR becomes Working President of TRS Party Hyderabad sources reported that in a sudden development, Telangana Rashtra Samithi president and chief minister K Chandrasekhar Rao on Friday appointed his son and Siricilla MLA KT Rama Rao as the working president of the party. Meanwhile it is for the first time in the 14 year history of the TRS that the post of working president has been created with KCR, who has been running the party single-handedly all this while.
- Rajinikanth targeted Centre on the Mekedatu issue
- Will Rahul Gandhi apologize PM in Rafael Deal issue?
- Top mentioned Telangana Candidates in Twitter
- Cyclonic Storm prevails over AP & North Tamilnadu
- Interpol issued RCN to Mehul Choksi
- Ambani spent 100 Crores for Isha Ambani's Wedding
- YSRCP Leaders made a complaint to EC preventing Fake Votes
- Employee comes in Ambulance to ask leave!
- Minister Vijayabhaskar expresses joy!
- Rahul gives an opportunity for BJP!
- BJP losing Urban seats Day by Day
- Malaysia Fantastic Deals Package launched for Indian Tourists
- KTR confident in winning Lok Sabha Polls by 2019
- Swiggy's Next Customer base is Students
- Will KCR replicate Rythu Bandhu Scheme across India?