New Delhi sources stated that the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has told the Supreme Court that AG Perarivalan's plea seeking recall of its May 1999 judgment upholding his conviction in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case should be dismissed as it was devoid of any merits.
Meanwhile in an affidavit filed in the apex court, the CBI's Multi Disciplinary Monitoring Agency (MDMA), probing the larger conspiracy aspect behind Gandhi's assassination, has said that the role of convict AG Perarivalan in the conspiracy resulting in the killings of the former prime minister and others have already been upheld by the top court.
Accordingly the affidavit was filed in pursuance of
the apex court's January 24 direction asking the CBI to respond to
Perarivalan's plea seeking recall of the May 1999 order upholding his
conviction. Further the court had termed as "serious" and
"debatable" the questions raised by Perarivalan. Moreover he has
sought recall of the apex court's order, saying he was not aware of the
Endorsement of a candidate considered a sign of consolidating votes in Karnataka According to sources Rahul Gandhi, the President of the All India Congress Committee, smiled and interacted with the children at the Sringeri Mutt in Chikkamagaluru district during his one-hour visit. Meanwhile Rahul Gandhi also spent time talking to the seer Jagadguru Shankaracharya during the visit.
- PM Narendra Modi's book EXAM WARRIORS changed attitude of many students
- Mayawati struggle for seat in UP became tougher- Here is why
- Voting underway for 26 remaining seats of 59 across seven states, with eyes on UP
- Why US President Trump's Russian Lawyer resigned?
- Interest shared between India, US Navies
- After Jallikattu, A Massive Protest against STERLITE Copper industries!
- Will Shami's sexual allegations cost him IPL 2018?
- "We switched off all CCTV's as soon as Jayalalitha was brought inside..." - Apollo Hospitals
- 7 States Leaders queued up to vote
- Crucial Rajya Sabha Polls Today!!!
- Hardik Pandya's FAKE Twitter Account's Tweet gets him arrested
- Social media made Narendra Modi storm into Power made him PM
- BJP's game plan seems to be target Lokesh & prove him corrupt
- New York City buildings regulator launched investigations at Kushner Cos properties
- Boris Johnson agrees with MPs Putin & Hitler comparison