New Delhi sources stated that a Delhi court sent Karti Chidambaram to judicial custody till 24 March in the INX Media corruption case, while dismissing his plea for early hearing of his bail application. Accordingly the Special judge Sunil Rana pronounced the order after the CBI said that he was not required for custodial interrogation. On his plea seeking separate cell and protection in Tihar Jail, the court said the jail manual would be followed. It also said that his bail plea would be heard on 15 March as scheduled.
Moreover the court denied Karti’s request for home food in the jail. Meanwhile, Karti’s CA S Bhaskararaman, who is currently in jail in a case filed by the Enforcement Directorate (ED), has moved the court for anticipatory bail in the CBI case of INX Media.
According to sources Karti has already spent 12 days in police custody
since his arrest on 28 February from Chennai airport. Karti Chidambaram’s
father P Chidambaram was also present in the courtroom. Moreover the CBI had
initially alleged that Karti Chidambaram received Rs10 lakh as bribe for
facilitating Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) clearance to INX Media.
US President criticized by United States for election meddling & other actions Washington sources added that United States took its most notable action against Russia since Donald Trump became president, slapping sanctions on a group of Russian individuals and entities, including Moscow’s intelligence services, for meddling in the 2016 US election and malicious cyber attacks. Accordingly under pressure to act, the administration still deferred making a move targeting Russian government officials and oligarchs, those closest to Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- Hari Krishna Nandamuri appreciated Shri Chandrababu Naidu's decision
- This Chinese Couple portrait shocked them
- Will Tamilnadu's AIADMK pull out of BJP led NDA government?
- Shiv Sena directly attacks BJP!!
- Popular singer gets 2 years imprisonment!!
- Verdict delayed in Amit Shah Case!!
- Congress blames admin for controversial tweet!
- Which part of India is New Engine for India's growth for PM?
- Telangana CM's Telugu New Year gift
- Russia warns retaliation against expulsion of its envoys
- Brand new pedestrian bridge collapsed at Florida International University in Miami
- Porn star Stormy Daniels goes to court on July 12 to discuss her affair with Trump
- Amazon expands capabilities of Echo home speakers
- US-Bangla suspended Airlines to Kathmandu
- Donald Trump's Junior's divorse to former model Vanessa is on rocks