New Delhi sources stated that a Delhi court sent Karti Chidambaram to judicial custody till 24 March in the INX Media corruption case, while dismissing his plea for early hearing of his bail application. Accordingly the Special judge Sunil Rana pronounced the order after the CBI said that he was not required for custodial interrogation. On his plea seeking separate cell and protection in Tihar Jail, the court said the jail manual would be followed. It also said that his bail plea would be heard on 15 March as scheduled.
Moreover the court denied Karti’s request for home food in the jail. Meanwhile, Karti’s CA S Bhaskararaman, who is currently in jail in a case filed by the Enforcement Directorate (ED), has moved the court for anticipatory bail in the CBI case of INX Media.
According to sources Karti has already spent 12 days in police custody
since his arrest on 28 February from Chennai airport. Karti Chidambaram’s
father P Chidambaram was also present in the courtroom. Moreover the CBI had
initially alleged that Karti Chidambaram received Rs10 lakh as bribe for
facilitating Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) clearance to INX Media.
List of links & locations for donating funds & supplies to Kerala Flood Relief As per report heavy rains and the subsequent flooding in Kerala have wreaked havoc in several parts of the state. Meanwhile as houses have been completely waterlogged and destroyed, many have become homeless and taken refuge in relief camps. Several people have even been marooned in their own houses, without food, water, electricity and other basic supplies and following this, people from all quarters, including
- No 108 Services at night in AP
- 32,000 Servers, 595 Smart Homes in India in risk of leaking data
- States which declared Holiday on demise of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Ashok Leyland next focus is launching Double Decker Buses in Tamilnadu
- Vajpayee led a dedicated, Careless Work Ethics
- Will 3 UP Airports names be renamed?
- KCR orders Officers to be alert during heavy Rain
- What's Alagiri's next plan?
- Kollidam break leads to flood!
- A never before witnesses calamity in Kerala!
- Vajpayee cremated with National Honors!
- SC told Tamilnadu to scrupulously comply to reduce water level in Mullaiperiyaar Dam
- Hundreds of people fled fighting in Ghazni
- Rescue work in Kerala continued through night by all three defense forces
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Cremation held on bank of Yamuna