New Delhi sources stated that a Delhi court sent Karti Chidambaram to judicial custody till 24 March in the INX Media corruption case, while dismissing his plea for early hearing of his bail application. Accordingly the Special judge Sunil Rana pronounced the order after the CBI said that he was not required for custodial interrogation. On his plea seeking separate cell and protection in Tihar Jail, the court said the jail manual would be followed. It also said that his bail plea would be heard on 15 March as scheduled.
Moreover the court denied Karti’s request for home food in the jail. Meanwhile, Karti’s CA S Bhaskararaman, who is currently in jail in a case filed by the Enforcement Directorate (ED), has moved the court for anticipatory bail in the CBI case of INX Media.
According to sources Karti has already spent 12 days in police custody
since his arrest on 28 February from Chennai airport. Karti Chidambaram’s
father P Chidambaram was also present in the courtroom. Moreover the CBI had
initially alleged that Karti Chidambaram received Rs10 lakh as bribe for
facilitating Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) clearance to INX Media.
Congress not ready to share their seats with other grand alliance Hyderabad sources stated that Star campaigner for the Telangana Congress, Vijayashanti reacted to Home Minister Nayani Narasimha Reddy's statement that there is no place for Maoists in the State of Telangana. The former actress said that revolution is a result of repression and that people haven't forgotten the gruesome deaths of Warangal Maoists Sruthi and Sagar. Vijayashanti said that the Telangana
- Pon Radhakrishnan comments amid raging MeToo storm
- Prince Harry with Meghan having great time in Sydney Beach
- Know about Dussehra & Diwali Bank Holidays
- Bumrah responds to criticism
- Menaka Gandhi demands Internal Committee!
- Rains to begin in TN soon!
- Former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, NT Tiwary passed away today
- Top Destinations to Spend Dussehra Holidays 2018
- Famous Temples to visit during Navaratri in South India
- Story behind the festival Vijayadasami related to Goddess Durga
- How do Hindus celebrate Vijayadasami?
- PM Modi to inaugurate national police memorial & museum on October 21
- Difference between Donald Trump & Prince Harry had Twitter laughing
- Heavy Rains lashed Hyderabad, left places standstill
- Jana Sena leaders keen to contest 20 to 22 Assembly seats in Telangana