New Delhi sources stated that a Delhi court sent Karti Chidambaram to judicial custody till 24 March in the INX Media corruption case, while dismissing his plea for early hearing of his bail application. Accordingly the Special judge Sunil Rana pronounced the order after the CBI said that he was not required for custodial interrogation. On his plea seeking separate cell and protection in Tihar Jail, the court said the jail manual would be followed. It also said that his bail plea would be heard on 15 March as scheduled.
Moreover the court denied Karti’s request for home food in the jail. Meanwhile, Karti’s CA S Bhaskararaman, who is currently in jail in a case filed by the Enforcement Directorate (ED), has moved the court for anticipatory bail in the CBI case of INX Media.
According to sources Karti has already spent 12 days in police custody
since his arrest on 28 February from Chennai airport. Karti Chidambaram’s
father P Chidambaram was also present in the courtroom. Moreover the CBI had
initially alleged that Karti Chidambaram received Rs10 lakh as bribe for
facilitating Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) clearance to INX Media.
PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business Accordingly PhonePe, who claim to be India’s fastest growing payments platform, on Friday, announced that it has grown its offline merchant base to over 1 million. Presently this milestone has been achieved in less than a year and reflects on the platform’s phenomenal acceptance across both large organized retail stores as well as small and mid size retail stores in the country. Furthermore being one of the pioneers
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys