In an attempt to demand Cauvery management committee formation, the Tamil film industry had conducted a silent protest today. However, this protest lasted little less than just 3 hours, making it a complete useless effort. There have been numerous protests across Tamilnadu, demanding the formation of Cauvery management committee formation and against the Sterlite Company, by various sections of people and by various political outfits.
In such a scenario, the Tamil film associations conducted a silent peaceful protest and the film fraternity came together at Valluvar Kottam for this demand. The protest was started by the head Nasser, while actors like Sivakumar, Karthi, Suriya, Vishal , Siva Karthikeyan had participated in the protest. While Superstar Rajinikanth and Ulaganayagan Kamal Hassan had already declared their participation in this protest, both of them arrived to the venue at 11 am.
decisions were taken in this meeting, to demand the formation of Cauvery management
committee and Banning of Sterlite. Sathyaraj had said that the Tamils won't
fear anyone, and insisted on fighting till achieving. Since police had given
permission to hold the protest only till 1 pm, the actors and actresses
left the venue by noon.
Narendra Modi Saved Chandrababu in IT Grids Case? A private firm, IT Grid (India), was recently accused of obtaining personal details of 7.82 crore Aadhaar holders in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana for Telugu Desam Party's Seva Mitra App. This case took a new twist the other day with reports of UIDAI of approaching the Police saying that its data has been hacked.
- BJP Member says She will change constitution!
- Kamal's apology to buffaloes!
- Kamal Haasan trolled by director!
- 564 wheel chairs used across Nilgiri constituency to help differently-abled voters
- Volunteers encourage people to vote in Mandya
- Tamilnadu recorded 39.49% voting till 1 p.m
- Donald Trump vetoed a bill to end support for Saudi-led war in Yemen
- Tamilnadu records highest voter turnouts among 11 states
- Why IT conducts raids in TN against leaders in opposition to BJP?
- PM Modi calls All Youngsters to polling booths to strengthen democracy
- Tamilnadu interiors to experience heavy rain in next 24 hours
- Overall poll percentage for Tamilnadu was 13.48% till 9 am
- All voters come out to vote: DMK President MK Stalin
- Twitter account, RG-Wayanad caters to needs of Kerala media
- Voting in Phase 2 Lok Sabha Election begins