Kuala Lumpur sources stated that the Election Commission (EC) announced on Tuesday the 14th general election on May 9. Meanwhile the EC chairman Mohd Hashim bin Abdullah, in a broadcasted announcement, said that nominations for the 222 parliamentary and 587 state seats have been set for April 28.
Moreover early voting for military and police personnel as well as voters living abroad will take place on May 5. Accordingly Hashim said that a total of 14,940,627 Malaysians will be eligible to vote is compared to 13,268,002 registered voters in the 2013 elections. Further the 14th general elections will see a total of 259,391 election workers on duty, with 8,898 polling centres and 28,995 polling streams.
Earlier the 13th Malaysian Parliament was dissolved on April 7.
Accordingly the dissolution was announced by Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak
after receiving consent from the 15th Yang di-Pertuan Agong (King) Sultan
Muhammad V. Najib is seeking another term after holding the post for nine
years. Moreover for the past six decades after Malaysia's independence, the
United Malays National Organization (UMNO) has won every election together with
the ruling Barisan Nasional (BN) coalition, which has the Malaysian Chinese
Association and Malaysian Indian Congress as its two major component parties.
SHOCKING! 70000 crores cash deficit is the reason behind cash crunch in ATMs!! With the cash crunch prevailing in ATMs all over India, SBI has announced its latest press release that there is a cash deficit of more than 70000 crores in the country. For the past few days, there has been huge deficit of money in ATMs in different parts of the country, and this has shocked the common public, who had to roam around to get money they needed, and faced extreme difficulties.
- Numerous MPs and MLAs, with crime records!
- IPL BANNED - Why Not Movies? Are Tamil People Dumb?
- Nirmala Devi and her Evil Sex Web - Luring more college girls and feeding to VIP's
- Why RGV gave Sri Reddy idea of abusing Pawan Kalyan for her cause?
- Incubation hub be operational from next month at Rajasthan
- US and India working hard to strengthen their energy partnership
- Hundreds of fans boarded Whistle Podu Express, a special train to Pune organized by CSK
- Amit Shah asked Rahul Gandhi to apologize to Hindus for labeling them 'terrorists'
- Amazon CEO revealed that Prime has exceeded 100 million members globally
- Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation all set to chop down trees in Jayanagar
- SC pronounced its verdict on mysterious death of special CBI judge BH Loya
- BJP Tripura CMs comments have become a nationwide trending topic
- Chandrababu has become biggest Dalari: Jagan
- Starbucks announced closure of all its company-owned stores on May 29
- Sri Reddy episode makes headlines for more reasons