Kuala Lumpur sources stated that the Election Commission (EC) announced on Tuesday the 14th general election on May 9. Meanwhile the EC chairman Mohd Hashim bin Abdullah, in a broadcasted announcement, said that nominations for the 222 parliamentary and 587 state seats have been set for April 28.
Moreover early voting for military and police personnel as well as voters living abroad will take place on May 5. Accordingly Hashim said that a total of 14,940,627 Malaysians will be eligible to vote is compared to 13,268,002 registered voters in the 2013 elections. Further the 14th general elections will see a total of 259,391 election workers on duty, with 8,898 polling centres and 28,995 polling streams.
Earlier the 13th Malaysian Parliament was dissolved on April 7.
Accordingly the dissolution was announced by Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak
after receiving consent from the 15th Yang di-Pertuan Agong (King) Sultan
Muhammad V. Najib is seeking another term after holding the post for nine
years. Moreover for the past six decades after Malaysia's independence, the
United Malays National Organization (UMNO) has won every election together with
the ruling Barisan Nasional (BN) coalition, which has the Malaysian Chinese
Association and Malaysian Indian Congress as its two major component parties.
PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi Lucknow sources stated that Launching development projects worth Rs 550 crore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Varanasi is being developed as the “Gateway to East India” and presented a report card to voters of his Lok Sabha constituency, claiming that before his election the holy city was at the mercy of the Lord under previous governments.
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party