Kuala Lumpur sources stated that the Election Commission (EC) announced on Tuesday the 14th general election on May 9. Meanwhile the EC chairman Mohd Hashim bin Abdullah, in a broadcasted announcement, said that nominations for the 222 parliamentary and 587 state seats have been set for April 28.
Moreover early voting for military and police personnel as well as voters living abroad will take place on May 5. Accordingly Hashim said that a total of 14,940,627 Malaysians will be eligible to vote is compared to 13,268,002 registered voters in the 2013 elections. Further the 14th general elections will see a total of 259,391 election workers on duty, with 8,898 polling centres and 28,995 polling streams.
Earlier the 13th Malaysian Parliament was dissolved on April 7.
Accordingly the dissolution was announced by Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak
after receiving consent from the 15th Yang di-Pertuan Agong (King) Sultan
Muhammad V. Najib is seeking another term after holding the post for nine
years. Moreover for the past six decades after Malaysia's independence, the
United Malays National Organization (UMNO) has won every election together with
the ruling Barisan Nasional (BN) coalition, which has the Malaysian Chinese
Association and Malaysian Indian Congress as its two major component parties.
Rapthadu YSRCP MLA as Irrigation Minister and DVR as Speaker? There are still 35 days to get the results in AP but YSRCP leaders are in cloud nine. Their feet not stand on the floor. They show that much confidence on their victory. As per buzz, Prashant Kishore report gives YSRCP confidence more.
- Chief Secretary Skips Chandrababu's Review Meetings
- Narendra Modi Saved Chandrababu in IT Grids Case?
- BJP Member says She will change constitution!
- Kamal's apology to buffaloes!
- Kamal Haasan trolled by director!
- 564 wheel chairs used across Nilgiri constituency to help differently-abled voters
- Volunteers encourage people to vote in Mandya
- Tamilnadu recorded 39.49% voting till 1 p.m
- Donald Trump vetoed a bill to end support for Saudi-led war in Yemen
- Tamilnadu records highest voter turnouts among 11 states
- Why IT conducts raids in TN against leaders in opposition to BJP?
- PM Modi calls All Youngsters to polling booths to strengthen democracy
- Tamilnadu interiors to experience heavy rain in next 24 hours
- Overall poll percentage for Tamilnadu was 13.48% till 9 am
- All voters come out to vote: DMK President MK Stalin