Kuala Lumpur sources stated that the Election Commission (EC) announced on Tuesday the 14th general election on May 9. Meanwhile the EC chairman Mohd Hashim bin Abdullah, in a broadcasted announcement, said that nominations for the 222 parliamentary and 587 state seats have been set for April 28.
Moreover early voting for military and police personnel as well as voters living abroad will take place on May 5. Accordingly Hashim said that a total of 14,940,627 Malaysians will be eligible to vote is compared to 13,268,002 registered voters in the 2013 elections. Further the 14th general elections will see a total of 259,391 election workers on duty, with 8,898 polling centres and 28,995 polling streams.
Earlier the 13th Malaysian Parliament was dissolved on April 7.
Accordingly the dissolution was announced by Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak
after receiving consent from the 15th Yang di-Pertuan Agong (King) Sultan
Muhammad V. Najib is seeking another term after holding the post for nine
years. Moreover for the past six decades after Malaysia's independence, the
United Malays National Organization (UMNO) has won every election together with
the ruling Barisan Nasional (BN) coalition, which has the Malaysian Chinese
Association and Malaysian Indian Congress as its two major component parties.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code