According to media report a contract has been signed for procuring 1,86,138 Bullet-Proof Jackets (BPJs) for the Army which will provide 360-degree protection to the soldier including from the latest hard steel core bullets. Meanwhile an official statement said this comes nine years after the request for the bullet proof jackets was made.
Moreover the statement said that the requirement of the Army for effective BPJs has been met after successful conduct of stringent field evaluation trials. As per latest release "The contracted BPJs have contemporary and state of the art specifications with added protection level and coverage area".
Furthermore a Delhi based company called SMPP Pvt Ltd has won the
contract. Accordingly the company has released a statement saying that it
expects to complete delivery of all the jackets within three years and that the
armor fulfills the strictest criteria of the Indian Army. The company stated
that these bulletproof jackets have 'Boron Carbide Ceramic' which is the
lightest material for ballistic protection. Moreover this has given an impetus
to the ‘Make in India' initiative and provides confidence that the Indian
Industry is capable of fulfilling the requirements of Indian Army for its
personal protective equipment.
Moscow welcomes North Koreas Kim Jong Un declaration on halting nuclear tests Moscow sources reported that the Russian foreign ministry said in a statement that "They welcome the declaration of the Working Party's Chairman Kim Jong Un on the halt of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea's nuclear and missile tests from April 21”. The statement said. "We consider the given decision an important step towards the future easing of tensions in the Korean peninsula”.
- Strict punishment for those raping girls below 12 years: President
- Mudragada asked Pawan to fight against ruling TDP
- Jain youngster becomes Saint leaving Riches!
- 4th class students abused by teacher!
- Prime minister and his 600 letters!
- Chaos in Air India flights!
- Two probes in Tamilnadu Sex for Cash Scandal Case
- Prakash Raj not willing to join politics
- Why YSR Congress party showers sudden love on Pawan Kalyan?
- 20 Indian Americans running for US Congressional elections this year
- US Chip maker Qualcomm cuts jobs at its facilities in California
- April 24, last date for filing nominations for Karnataka Polls
- Pawan Kalyan's critic Kathi Mahesh lashed out at Pawan's latest act
- Private Bus plunged into a Pit at NH 65 Highway
- Two Korea's opened a hotline between their leaders