According to media report a contract has been signed for procuring 1,86,138 Bullet-Proof Jackets (BPJs) for the Army which will provide 360-degree protection to the soldier including from the latest hard steel core bullets. Meanwhile an official statement said this comes nine years after the request for the bullet proof jackets was made.
Moreover the statement said that the requirement of the Army for effective BPJs has been met after successful conduct of stringent field evaluation trials. As per latest release "The contracted BPJs have contemporary and state of the art specifications with added protection level and coverage area".
Furthermore a Delhi based company called SMPP Pvt Ltd has won the
contract. Accordingly the company has released a statement saying that it
expects to complete delivery of all the jackets within three years and that the
armor fulfills the strictest criteria of the Indian Army. The company stated
that these bulletproof jackets have 'Boron Carbide Ceramic' which is the
lightest material for ballistic protection. Moreover this has given an impetus
to the ‘Make in India' initiative and provides confidence that the Indian
Industry is capable of fulfilling the requirements of Indian Army for its
personal protective equipment.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018