Gold Coast sources reported that London Olympics bronze medalist Saina Nehwal and newly crowned world number 1 Kidambi Srikanth progressed to the finals of the women's and men's singles events respectively in the badminton competition of the 21st Commonwealth Games. Meanwhile Saina, who had clinched the gold in 2010 Delhi Games but missed the 2014 Games due to injuries, staved off a challenge from Scotland's Kristy Gilmour, a silver at Glasgow four years ago, 21-14 18-21 21-17 in 68 minutes.
According to sources Saina will play compatriot PV Sindhu in the final. Further Srikanth, playing on court 1, saw off 2010 Commonwealth Games silver medalist Rajiv Ouseph of England 21-10 21-17 in just over half an hour contest, where he will face Malaysia's Lee Chong Wei, who defeated HS Prannoy.
Previously Ashwini Ponnappa and N Sikki Reddy lost
21-17 15-21 4-21 to Malaysian combo of Mei Kuan Chow and Vivian Hoo in women's
doubles and moreover the duo will now play for the bronze medal against local
hopes Setyana Mapasa and Gronya Somerville later in the day.
Moscow welcomes North Koreas Kim Jong Un declaration on halting nuclear tests Moscow sources reported that the Russian foreign ministry said in a statement that "They welcome the declaration of the Working Party's Chairman Kim Jong Un on the halt of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea's nuclear and missile tests from April 21”. The statement said. "We consider the given decision an important step towards the future easing of tensions in the Korean peninsula”.
- Strict punishment for those raping girls below 12 years: President
- Mudragada asked Pawan to fight against ruling TDP
- Jain youngster becomes Saint leaving Riches!
- 4th class students abused by teacher!
- Prime minister and his 600 letters!
- Chaos in Air India flights!
- Two probes in Tamilnadu Sex for Cash Scandal Case
- Prakash Raj not willing to join politics
- Why YSR Congress party showers sudden love on Pawan Kalyan?
- 20 Indian Americans running for US Congressional elections this year
- US Chip maker Qualcomm cuts jobs at its facilities in California
- April 24, last date for filing nominations for Karnataka Polls
- Pawan Kalyan's critic Kathi Mahesh lashed out at Pawan's latest act
- Private Bus plunged into a Pit at NH 65 Highway
- Two Korea's opened a hotline between their leaders