San Francisco sources stated that after facing employee fury over a US Defense Department project, Google is drafting new ethical standards to guide the company's use of technology and products. Meanwhile the move comes after more than 3,000 employees of Google signed a letter to the company's CEO Sundar Pichai, demanding that the company scrap the Defense Department project for analyzing drone footage using Artificial Intelligence (AI) techniques as they feared that the technology could plausibly help target people for death.
Moreover when citing a Defense One article, the report said that Google Cloud chief Diane Greene this week hosted a Town Hall at which she assured employees of new ethical standards for the company. Called Maven, the program applies AI and machine learning to the job of classifying objects in surveillance footage, but Google responded to the employee petition saying that the technology was intended to save lives and save people from having to do highly tedious work.
Furthermore Greene promised employees that Google
would not sign up for any further work on 'Maven' or similar projects without
having new ethical principles in place. Moreover
as per report some Google employees came out of the town hall still concerned
about the company angling for a big Joint Enterprise Defense Infrastructure
(JEDI) cloud contract that could relate to combat operations.
Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud According to sources fugitive diamantaire Nirav Modi who conned Punjab National Bank for 13,000 Crore and flew out of country. Presently the owner of Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech has been booked by Enforcement Directorate and CBI for involving in 5000 Cr bank fraud. Meanwhile the directors of company Nitin Sandesara, Chetan Sandesara and Dipti Sandesara have set up
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018
- Karnataka Govt plans to set up free Wi-Fi in 198 wards
- Kerala to witness heavy rains for next 48 Hours
- 3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi
- Donald Trump and His Adventures in WWE
- Hyderabad youngsters stranded in Malaysia
- Telangana health coverage model is a robust program covering nearly 80 lakh families
- US badly attacked on Military parade in Iran
- TPCC Chief & KTR lashed out at Twitter
- BJP AP unit challenged CM Chandrababu Naidu for early poll
- Is there a political controversy between India & Former French President?
- No Bail for Karunas until October 5th!
- Madurai express to land in Thiruvarur!
- TN BJP Leaders clash within each others