According to sources South Africa will lay to rest anti-apartheid icon and Nelson Mandela's former wife Winnie Mandela with full state honors at a stadium funeral in Soweto on Saturday. Meanwhile the ceremony will conclude 10 days of national mourning during which time thousands of South Africans have paid tribute to the "Mother of the Nation" at her Soweto home and elsewhere.
Accordingly Winnie Mandela, who died in Johannesburg aged 81 on April 2 after a long illness, has been celebrated for helping keep Nelson Mandela's dream of a non-racial South Africa alive while he was behind bars for 27 years. Moreover on the eve of the funeral, Winnie Mandela's body was transferred from a funeral parlor to lie in state at her Soweto home.
Reports added hundreds of people lined the township's streets as a black
hearse carrying her body slowly drove to her house led by uniformed men bearing
the flag of Mandela's African National Congress (ANC). Furthermore the funeral
closes the final chapter in the history of a woman who was exalted for her
fearless defiance of apartheid rule but also implicated in violence and
corruption in later life.
Chief Secretary Skips Chandrababu's Review Meetings The Election Commission is verifying a complaint by the opposition YSR Congress against Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on alleged violation of the model code of conduct. The Opposition Party has stated in its complaint objected and questioned how can a caretaker CM hold review meetings as Naidu is doing.
- Narendra Modi Saved Chandrababu in IT Grids Case?
- BJP Member says She will change constitution!
- Kamal's apology to buffaloes!
- Kamal Haasan trolled by director!
- 564 wheel chairs used across Nilgiri constituency to help differently-abled voters
- Volunteers encourage people to vote in Mandya
- Tamilnadu recorded 39.49% voting till 1 p.m
- Donald Trump vetoed a bill to end support for Saudi-led war in Yemen
- Tamilnadu records highest voter turnouts among 11 states
- Why IT conducts raids in TN against leaders in opposition to BJP?
- PM Modi calls All Youngsters to polling booths to strengthen democracy
- Tamilnadu interiors to experience heavy rain in next 24 hours
- Overall poll percentage for Tamilnadu was 13.48% till 9 am
- All voters come out to vote: DMK President MK Stalin
- Twitter account, RG-Wayanad caters to needs of Kerala media