According to sources after yoga, India is hoping that Khadi becomes its biggest export to the world. Presently there are signs that it will be and high streets of Dubai, Chicago, Mauritius and Johannesburg may soon showcase khadi as the next big fashion find. Meanwhile its endorsement as an environment-friendly fabric may come from no less than the United Nations.
Accordingly the humble handspun fabric is set to get a global makeover, similar to a dramatic rise in India over the last three years. Presently Khadi is endorsed by PM Narendra Modi, sales of khadi have rocketed by 34% in the last three years, the fastest it has grown since 1947 when Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) first started selling the desi khaddar.
after Prime Minister’s mission to promote Yoga as an international event, KVIC
launched an exclusive ‘khadi yoga kit’ for the first time in May 2016. Vinai
Kumar Saxena, chairman at KVIC said “We did a business of nearly Rs 76 lakh in
less than one month’s time. Previously in 2017, KVIC yoga kits truly became
international when we got the orders from Indian Council for Cultural Relations
(ICCR) to supply as many as 21,000 yoga kits worth Rs 2.63 crore".
Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment New Delhi sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday wished Congress leader Ajay Maken a speedy recovery. Mr. Maken, who is abroad for treatment, replied that he is suffering from an "irreversible and progressive orthopedic ailment, which is extremely painful, but not life threatening". PM Modi wrote on twitter "Dear Ajaymaken Ji, I pray for your good health and well being".
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart