Washington sources reported that as per a statement "Remittance inflows improved in all regions and the top remittance recipients were India with $69 billion, followed by China ($64 billion), the Philippines ($33 billion), Mexico ($31 billion), Nigeria ($22 billion), and Egypt ($20 billion)". Meanwhile the remittances to India rose sharply by 9.9% in 2017, reversing the previous year’s sharp decline.
Media reports global remittances are expected grow 4.6% to $642 billion in 2018. As per the World Bank's latest Migration and Development brief the remittances to low and middle-income countries rebounded to a record level in 2017 after two consecutive years of decline.
Dilip Ratha, lead economist at the World Bank in
his blog said “The overall recovery in remittances is better than we expected.
It is driven by stronger growth in the European Union, the Russian Federation,
and the United States. Moreover the rebound in remittances, when valued in US
dollars, was helped by higher oil prices and a strengthening of the euro and
Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open As per report the situation between Andhra Pradesh and Centre got worse when the Telugu Desam Party decided to break off ties with the BJP and walked out of the NDA government early last year. Meanwhile ever since the break-up, Andhra Pradesh has been getting a raw deal from the Centre. Furthermore the BJP High Command's interference in ensuring that AP is at a disadvantaged position, added to the already existing tension.
- FIR registered against Pakistani actor wife refusing anti-polio drops to their daughter
- Jr NTR to be brand ambassador for Appy Fizz in South India
- History Maker: Madhusudhan Rao Founder of Lanco Infratech
- Public exam for 5th and 8th class!
- Bank fraudsters caught in Chennai!
- Party members threatening to leave DMDK!
- DMK and Congress Unite!
- Network integration process of Vodafone Idea is on track by June 2020
- Revanth Reddy copycats KCRs style
- Lockheed Martin unveiled F-21 to boost India manufacturing in defense sector
- Hearing in Sunanda Pushkar death case began on February 21
- Will Captain Vijayakanth take alliance decision soon?
- Funny!!! Vietnam Barber expert in Trump & Kim Hairstyles
- How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan?
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India