Media reports that some of the highlights of the campaign include Prime Minister, Narendra Modi's whirlwind tour of Karnataka towards the end of the high-octane battle for votes. Meanwhile it showcased the significance the BJP attaches to the Karnataka polls, as did the roping in of Yogi Adityanath for campaigning in the sensitive coastal belt. Moreover it has rightly been said that Karnataka may well prove to be a bellwether, in terms of electoral behavior and voting pattern for 2019.
Previously Amit Shah threw himself into the campaign addressing rallies and organizing meetings, while PM Modi conducted his whistle-stop tour adding punch and lending a much-needed impetus to the BJP campaign.
Furthermore the Congress, powered by Rahul Gandhi's
presence in a state in which it is at the helm of affairs, staged an equally
hectic campaign. Even Sonia Gandhi made her appearance after two years, showing
the importance it accorded to the Karnataka election in the Congress scheme of
things, as well. As per report in the end, it remains to be seen if
there was one tipping point in the election such as according the status of a
separate religion to Lingayats, which could decide the fate of both the parties.
North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang Sources from Pyongyang reported that South Korean President MMoon Jae arrived in Pyongyang on Tuesday, where he was welcomed North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un in an elaborate ceremony, featuring a cheek to cheek hug. Accordingly the meeting between Moon and Kim came about four months after the two last met on May 26 inside the Demilitarized Zone that divides the two Koreas.
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!