Media reports that some of the highlights of the campaign include Prime Minister, Narendra Modi's whirlwind tour of Karnataka towards the end of the high-octane battle for votes. Meanwhile it showcased the significance the BJP attaches to the Karnataka polls, as did the roping in of Yogi Adityanath for campaigning in the sensitive coastal belt. Moreover it has rightly been said that Karnataka may well prove to be a bellwether, in terms of electoral behavior and voting pattern for 2019.
Previously Amit Shah threw himself into the campaign addressing rallies and organizing meetings, while PM Modi conducted his whistle-stop tour adding punch and lending a much-needed impetus to the BJP campaign.
Furthermore the Congress, powered by Rahul Gandhi's
presence in a state in which it is at the helm of affairs, staged an equally
hectic campaign. Even Sonia Gandhi made her appearance after two years, showing
the importance it accorded to the Karnataka election in the Congress scheme of
things, as well. As per report in the end, it remains to be seen if
there was one tipping point in the election such as according the status of a
separate religion to Lingayats, which could decide the fate of both the parties.
Hyderabadi Business magnet donates 1 Crore to TTD Hyderabad sources made a statement that Hyderabad based businessman B Karunakar Reddy has donated Rs 1 crore to Lord Venkateswara in Tirumala on Wednesday. Accordingly an ardent devotee of Lord Venkateswara, Karunakar Reddy along with his family visited Tirumala temple, offered their prayers to the Lord and later handed over a cheque of Rs 1,00,00,116.
- Can Chandrababu Naidu could bring Special Category Status to AP through his National Charisma?
- North Korea carried out demolition of its nuclear test site
- Rahul Gandhi dares PM for a fuel challenge
- Blue Methane flames burning in Hawaii Volcano
- Will Tuticorin return back to normalcy by new Collector?
- VIDEO emerged showing inhuman reaction of police in Tuticorin
- BJP has not given up its hopes on Karnataka yet
- CM Palanisamy's said anti social elements took protesters to wrong path
- Is there any master plan behind death of celebrities son?
- Deadly Nipah Virus taken its toll with one more person
- Bollywood pair Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone wedding date finalized
- State wide Bandh in Tamilnadu on May 25 in Sterlite issue
- DMK Chief Stalin evicted from Secretariat premises
- Will HD Kumaraswamy bring Karnataka as a model for India?
- Did TDP party planned to attack Pawan Kalyan?