New Delhi sources stated that powerful dust storm accompanied by rains on Sunday evening brought down the temperature in the national capital and adjoining areas, seriously disrupting air traffic and Metro services. The officials said as the storm blew at a highest speed of 70 kmph, mercury fell from 39 degrees Celsius at 4 p.m. to 25 degrees half hour later. The Indian Meteorological Department told by early evening, the skies had turned dark. Meanwhile ten incoming flights to the Indira Gandhi International Airport were diverted between 4.15 and 5.30 p.m. due to poor visibility and strong winds.
Moreover the Delhi Metro operations were also hit; further thousands of commuters were stuck on the winding and busy Blue Line, which links Dwarka in northwest Delhi to Noida and Vaishali in Uttar Pradesh, for almost 45 minutes. Furthermore when the Metro services resumed, the trains plied at halting speed. Media reports that the rains and storm brought down trees and tree branches in some areas and led to traffic snarls, forcing two-wheeler drivers to take shelter under bridges and flyovers.
Further the motorists switched on headlights to find their way in the
enveloping darkness, but the dramatic change in weather did bring respite to
residents from the sweltering heat. Accordingly the Met department has forecast
rain and thunderstorm with gusty wind towards the end of the day.
NASAs first mission to touch a Star Washington sources reported that NASA has said When NASA's Parker Solar Probe, humanity's first mission to "touch" a star, launches on July 31, it will carry more than scientific instruments on this historic journey it will also hold more than 1.1 million names submitted by the public to go to the Sun. Meanwhile back in March, NASA invited people around the world to submit their names online to be placed on a microchip aboard its historic Parker Solar Probe. Submissions were accepted till April
- US Department of Defense introduced new policy setting more restrictions for cell phones
- Paytm acquired Orbgen Technologies, entity that operates TicketNew, a Chennai based online ticketing platform
- Why Pawan Kalyan touched farmer's feet, responsibility or caring nature?
- Political leaders politicizes whole issue about Tirumala controversy
- Chennai high court orders preservation of bodies!
- Prakashraj condemns TN government!
- Reason behind deaths is BJP not getting support in TN!
- Meghan Markle and the 17 rules!
- Madras HC stayed expansion of Vedanta's copper smelter plant in Tuticorin district
- Telangana BJP Member of Parliament Bandaru Dattatreya's 21 year son died of massive heart attack
- Congress President Okayed Parameshwara as Deputy CM of Karnataka
- Luck favors H.D. Kumaraswamy, again been crowned king by Congress
- Ramzan Fasting is Dangerous says Danish Minister
- When is Ramadan 2018? All other key details you need to Know
- Major portion of Bosch activities focus on building effective solutions