Singapore sources added that Cabinet Minister S Iswaran has said, citing examples of it being used in parliament and as a subject in schools. Accordingly Iswaran's remarks appeared in an interview published in 'The Tamil Community and the Making of Modern Singapore' a book on the South Indian community was launched by Foreign Minister Vivian Balakrishnan.
Iswaran said "The government's policy position and support for Tamil is clear. The rest is in the hands of the community, especially our youths, to embrace the language, use it in everyday life and make it a living language”. Meanwhile Iswaran, the minister in charge of Trade Relations as well as Communications and Information, said 'Tamil Language Festival' is one way to achieve this by engaging and involving the younger generation and wider community in this effort to celebrate and promote Tamil language and culture”.
Further the book has been co-authored by NRIs Soundara Nayaki Vairavan, editor of 'Online Voice' with five other books to her credit, and A P Raman, a veteran local journalist. Moreover Tamil is one of Singapore's four official languages used in parliament, in schools as mother's tongue subject and supported by print and broadcast media as well as in all other officials’ events. It is also printed on currency notes along with English, Chinese and Malay.
3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi All the Pandals have been set up and Ganapathi has arrived and we all couldn't get more excited. Every year the festival is celebrated on a bigger scale and Maharashtra does it, even more, bigger and that is because of the dishes they prepare. Now, we bring you 3 dishes which you must know to prepare.
- Donald Trump and His Adventures in WWE
- Hyderabad youngsters stranded in Malaysia
- Telangana health coverage model is a robust program covering nearly 80 lakh families
- US badly attacked on Military parade in Iran
- TPCC Chief & KTR lashed out at Twitter
- BJP AP unit challenged CM Chandrababu Naidu for early poll
- Is there a political controversy between India & Former French President?
- No Bail for Karunas until October 5th!
- Madurai express to land in Thiruvarur!
- TN BJP Leaders clash within each others
- DMK leader involved in accident!
- Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200!
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing