Singapore sources added that Cabinet Minister S Iswaran has said, citing examples of it being used in parliament and as a subject in schools. Accordingly Iswaran's remarks appeared in an interview published in 'The Tamil Community and the Making of Modern Singapore' a book on the South Indian community was launched by Foreign Minister Vivian Balakrishnan.
Iswaran said "The government's policy position and support for Tamil is clear. The rest is in the hands of the community, especially our youths, to embrace the language, use it in everyday life and make it a living language”. Meanwhile Iswaran, the minister in charge of Trade Relations as well as Communications and Information, said 'Tamil Language Festival' is one way to achieve this by engaging and involving the younger generation and wider community in this effort to celebrate and promote Tamil language and culture”.
Further the book has been co-authored by NRIs Soundara Nayaki Vairavan, editor of 'Online Voice' with five other books to her credit, and A P Raman, a veteran local journalist. Moreover Tamil is one of Singapore's four official languages used in parliament, in schools as mother's tongue subject and supported by print and broadcast media as well as in all other officials’ events. It is also printed on currency notes along with English, Chinese and Malay.
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes