Singapore sources added that Cabinet Minister S Iswaran has said, citing examples of it being used in parliament and as a subject in schools. Accordingly Iswaran's remarks appeared in an interview published in 'The Tamil Community and the Making of Modern Singapore' a book on the South Indian community was launched by Foreign Minister Vivian Balakrishnan.
Iswaran said "The government's policy position and support for Tamil is clear. The rest is in the hands of the community, especially our youths, to embrace the language, use it in everyday life and make it a living language”. Meanwhile Iswaran, the minister in charge of Trade Relations as well as Communications and Information, said 'Tamil Language Festival' is one way to achieve this by engaging and involving the younger generation and wider community in this effort to celebrate and promote Tamil language and culture”.
Further the book has been co-authored by NRIs Soundara Nayaki Vairavan, editor of 'Online Voice' with five other books to her credit, and A P Raman, a veteran local journalist. Moreover Tamil is one of Singapore's four official languages used in parliament, in schools as mother's tongue subject and supported by print and broadcast media as well as in all other officials’ events. It is also printed on currency notes along with English, Chinese and Malay.
Will HD Kumaraswamy bring Karnataka as a model for India? Bengaluru sources reported that Karnataka’s new Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy and Deputy CM G Parameshwara addressed their first press conference after taking oath on the steps of the Vidhana Soudha on Wednesday. Meanwhile JD(S) State President Kumaraswamy, who has taken oath as CM for the second time in his political career, started off by saying that in spite of what he had said before the results about how he would not join hands with either the BJP or Congress, circumstances had changed, pus
- Did TDP party planned to attack Pawan Kalyan?
- TDP party strongest party in India
- NASAs first mission to touch a Star
- US Department of Defense introduced new policy setting more restrictions for cell phones
- Paytm acquired Orbgen Technologies, entity that operates TicketNew, a Chennai based online ticketing platform
- Why Pawan Kalyan touched farmer's feet, responsibility or caring nature?
- Political leaders politicizes whole issue about Tirumala controversy
- Chennai high court orders preservation of bodies!
- Prakashraj condemns TN government!
- Reason behind deaths is BJP not getting support in TN!
- Meghan Markle and the 17 rules!
- Madras HC stayed expansion of Vedanta's copper smelter plant in Tuticorin district
- Telangana BJP Member of Parliament Bandaru Dattatreya's 21 year son died of massive heart attack
- Congress President Okayed Parameshwara as Deputy CM of Karnataka
- Luck favors H.D. Kumaraswamy, again been crowned king by Congress