According to sources a day after incumbent Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah stated that he has no problem if the Congress high command decides to choose a Dalit leader for the state's top post, key contenders, Mallikarjun Kharge and G Parameshwara responded to his statement.
Meanwhile when asked for a response, Congress heavyweight and Dalit leader Mallikarjun Kharge, who is presently a Lok Sabha MP, said, "By asking questions like this, you are confusing everyone. He don't like this question, if the High Command is going to do it, we will accept it. Naturally, they will also consult Siddaramaiah and they will take the decision and he doesn’t want to say anything further." Moreover Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee G Parameshwara, another CM aspirant, told the media outlet, "The high command will get the majority. Beyond that, there is nothing he or the CM or any party leader can suggest."
Media reports that Siddaramaiah is the first Chief Minister in the state
to complete his full term in 40 years. Recently the Assembly Elections in
Karnataka witnessed the highest voter turnout in the state in over 35 years.
Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad? Accordingly Sharmila, who had earlier headed the Telangana unit of YCP, is nowhere in the scene now in the Telangana polls. Meanwhile Jagan has announced that YCP would stay away from the Telangana elections, the move said to have irked Sharmila and her followers in the party.
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!