New Delhi sources added that Manmohan along with other senior leaders of Congress have signed the letter addressed to the President Ramnath Kovind. Meanwhile as per report Manmohan Singh stated that Modi's words are threatening and it undermines democratic values. Media reports that the letter stated, is not expected to use menacing language even in the course of an election campaign, which is tantamount to a prime minister using his powers and privileges to "settle personal and political scores”.
Meanwhile when referring to the oath of office, it said the prime minister of India holds a very special position under the Constitution. Accordingly the Congress leaders said all prime ministers of India in the past have maintained immense dignity and decorum in the discharge of public or private functions or actions.
The letter said "The threat held out by the Prime Minister to the INC's
leadership deserves to be condemned and this cannot be the language of the
Prime Minister of a constitutionally governed democratic country of 1.3 Billion
people. Such discourse whether in public or private is unacceptable conduct and
moreover the words used are menacing and intimidating with intent to insult and
provoke breach of the peace”.
Sakshi Ratings in Election Week Indicate YSR Congress Victory Elections are done and dusted and the Voters' Verdict is sealed in Electronic Voting Machines which will be opened only on May 23rd. The Election Commission even banned the Exit Polls until May 19th which is when the last phase of General Elections will conclude. So, there is absolutely no clue about what is the verdict of the people.
- Good Ratings for Yatra Premiere Worries TDP
- Rapthadu YSRCP MLA as Irrigation Minister and DVR as Speaker?
- Chief Secretary Skips Chandrababu's Review Meetings
- Narendra Modi Saved Chandrababu in IT Grids Case?
- BJP Member says She will change constitution!
- Kamal's apology to buffaloes!
- Kamal Haasan trolled by director!
- 564 wheel chairs used across Nilgiri constituency to help differently-abled voters
- Volunteers encourage people to vote in Mandya
- Tamilnadu recorded 39.49% voting till 1 p.m
- Donald Trump vetoed a bill to end support for Saudi-led war in Yemen
- Tamilnadu records highest voter turnouts among 11 states
- Why IT conducts raids in TN against leaders in opposition to BJP?
- PM Modi calls All Youngsters to polling booths to strengthen democracy
- Tamilnadu interiors to experience heavy rain in next 24 hours