New Delhi sources added that Manmohan along with other senior leaders of Congress have signed the letter addressed to the President Ramnath Kovind. Meanwhile as per report Manmohan Singh stated that Modi's words are threatening and it undermines democratic values. Media reports that the letter stated, is not expected to use menacing language even in the course of an election campaign, which is tantamount to a prime minister using his powers and privileges to "settle personal and political scores”.
Meanwhile when referring to the oath of office, it said the prime minister of India holds a very special position under the Constitution. Accordingly the Congress leaders said all prime ministers of India in the past have maintained immense dignity and decorum in the discharge of public or private functions or actions.
The letter said "The threat held out by the Prime Minister to the INC's
leadership deserves to be condemned and this cannot be the language of the
Prime Minister of a constitutionally governed democratic country of 1.3 Billion
people. Such discourse whether in public or private is unacceptable conduct and
moreover the words used are menacing and intimidating with intent to insult and
provoke breach of the peace”.
Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23 Hyderabad sources reported that campaigning for the December 7 Telangana Assembly polls would hit top gear during the next fortnight with top leaders, including Prime Minister Narendra Modi, BJP chief Amit Shah, former Congress president Sonia Gandhi, set to address public meetings in the state. Meanwhile with the process of filing nominations coming to a close on Monday,
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!