With none of the parties that contested the Karnataka state Assembly elections gaining individual majority, the question has arisen on whom the Karnataka governor will invite to form the government. In such a tense situation, the BJP Party meeting with all the MLAs will be held by 10:30 AM at Bengaluru.
Of the 224 constituencies of Karnataka, the elections have been held for 222 constituencies. Considering this, the party forming the government must have won a minimum of 112 seats. Though BJP has won 104 seats, it does not have the majority to form the government in Karnataka.
However, on the other end, Congress,
which has won 78 seats, has come to an agreement with the Janata Dal Secular
and the independent candidates who have won 38 constituencies and 2
constituencies respectively, to form a government. HD Kumarasamy of JD secular
has been announced as the party candidate for Chief Minister as well. Both the
parties are expected to meet the governor tomorrow, and the BJP
parliamentary board meeting will also be held tomorrow.
Will HD Kumaraswamy bring Karnataka as a model for India? Bengaluru sources reported that Karnataka’s new Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy and Deputy CM G Parameshwara addressed their first press conference after taking oath on the steps of the Vidhana Soudha on Wednesday. Meanwhile JD(S) State President Kumaraswamy, who has taken oath as CM for the second time in his political career, started off by saying that in spite of what he had said before the results about how he would not join hands with either the BJP or Congress, circumstances had changed, pus
- Did TDP party planned to attack Pawan Kalyan?
- TDP party strongest party in India
- NASAs first mission to touch a Star
- US Department of Defense introduced new policy setting more restrictions for cell phones
- Paytm acquired Orbgen Technologies, entity that operates TicketNew, a Chennai based online ticketing platform
- Why Pawan Kalyan touched farmer's feet, responsibility or caring nature?
- Political leaders politicizes whole issue about Tirumala controversy
- Chennai high court orders preservation of bodies!
- Prakashraj condemns TN government!
- Reason behind deaths is BJP not getting support in TN!
- Meghan Markle and the 17 rules!
- Madras HC stayed expansion of Vedanta's copper smelter plant in Tuticorin district
- Telangana BJP Member of Parliament Bandaru Dattatreya's 21 year son died of massive heart attack
- Congress President Okayed Parameshwara as Deputy CM of Karnataka
- Luck favors H.D. Kumaraswamy, again been crowned king by Congress