According to sources Supreme Court turns down Congress plea. Suggests all channels live telecast the floor test. KG Bopaiah will remain the pro-tem Speaker and conduct the floor test. The floor test is scheduled to happen at 4 pm today. As per latest report Anand Singh and Pratap Gouda Patil two Congress MLAs who have been ‘missing’ since the election results were announced are not in the assembly.
Supreme Court stated that “It can't be the law to direct the governor to appoint somebody as pro-tem speaker. Senior most members can't even be called as a convention because there have been other examples too, and then this convention hasn't even been given legal sanctity”. Media report stated that “Confident that some Congress-JD(S) MLAs would resign as this is an unholy alliance. The resignations would bring down the effective strength of the house”.
HD Kumaraswamy, JD (S) leader told “For
him, today is not an important day and the important days will come in future.
Up to 4 pm, BJP will try to poach our MLAs. All the MLAs are together, no one
is going to go to the other side. None of our MLAs are trapped. He and
Siddaramaiah will go together”.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open