According to sources the SC ordered to give the live telecast to all the local, regional and national channels simultaneously. It said the move is to ensure transparency in the proceedings. Meanwhile when welcoming the decision, Congress leader and lawyer Abhishek Singhvi said the whole intention of Congress to file the petition is to ensure transparency in the Trust Vote and he said once it is taken care of, the Congress has no more objections.
Accordingly the Supreme Court has dismissed the plea filed by the Congress and JD(S) combine challenging Karnataka Governor's decision to appoint BJP MLA KG Bopaiah as pro-tem Speaker. Congress and JD(S) alleged that Bopaiah had once saved BS Yeddyurappa. Meanwhile the SC's hearing began at 10:30 am today before a bench comprising justices A K Sikri, S A Bobde and Ashok Bhushan which was hearing the crisis in Karnataka after the elections which delivered a fractured verdict.
Further the senior lawyer said appointing senior-most lawmaker as pro tem speaker has been a practice in place in commonwealth countries. However, the bench shot back "there have been earlier instances where senior-most MLA has not been appointed as pro tem speaker". Moreover after hearing from both the sides, the Supreme Court today quashed the plea filed by Congress and JD(S) against the appointment of KG Bopaiah as the pro-tem Speaker.
Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics? According to sources it was stated that Modi is not his senior in politics. He is his senior," claimed Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu. Meanwhile Babu made this comments at the Gnanabheri program yesterday in Krishna district. Chandrababu said "He had entered politics way back in 1977 and he became the Chief Minister in 1995 whereas Modi
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff