According to sources the SC ordered to give the live telecast to all the local, regional and national channels simultaneously. It said the move is to ensure transparency in the proceedings. Meanwhile when welcoming the decision, Congress leader and lawyer Abhishek Singhvi said the whole intention of Congress to file the petition is to ensure transparency in the Trust Vote and he said once it is taken care of, the Congress has no more objections.
Accordingly the Supreme Court has dismissed the plea filed by the Congress and JD(S) combine challenging Karnataka Governor's decision to appoint BJP MLA KG Bopaiah as pro-tem Speaker. Congress and JD(S) alleged that Bopaiah had once saved BS Yeddyurappa. Meanwhile the SC's hearing began at 10:30 am today before a bench comprising justices A K Sikri, S A Bobde and Ashok Bhushan which was hearing the crisis in Karnataka after the elections which delivered a fractured verdict.
Further the senior lawyer said appointing senior-most lawmaker as pro tem speaker has been a practice in place in commonwealth countries. However, the bench shot back "there have been earlier instances where senior-most MLA has not been appointed as pro tem speaker". Moreover after hearing from both the sides, the Supreme Court today quashed the plea filed by Congress and JD(S) against the appointment of KG Bopaiah as the pro-tem Speaker.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day