According to sources the SC ordered to give the live telecast to all the local, regional and national channels simultaneously. It said the move is to ensure transparency in the proceedings. Meanwhile when welcoming the decision, Congress leader and lawyer Abhishek Singhvi said the whole intention of Congress to file the petition is to ensure transparency in the Trust Vote and he said once it is taken care of, the Congress has no more objections.
Accordingly the Supreme Court has dismissed the plea filed by the Congress and JD(S) combine challenging Karnataka Governor's decision to appoint BJP MLA KG Bopaiah as pro-tem Speaker. Congress and JD(S) alleged that Bopaiah had once saved BS Yeddyurappa. Meanwhile the SC's hearing began at 10:30 am today before a bench comprising justices A K Sikri, S A Bobde and Ashok Bhushan which was hearing the crisis in Karnataka after the elections which delivered a fractured verdict.
Further the senior lawyer said appointing senior-most lawmaker as pro tem speaker has been a practice in place in commonwealth countries. However, the bench shot back "there have been earlier instances where senior-most MLA has not been appointed as pro tem speaker". Moreover after hearing from both the sides, the Supreme Court today quashed the plea filed by Congress and JD(S) against the appointment of KG Bopaiah as the pro-tem Speaker.
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers