New Delhi sources added that the Centre for Science and Environment, a research and advocacy organization, has urged tennis ace Sania Mirza to publicly disassociate from a poultry advertisement, saying it has been declared misleading by the Advertisement Standards Council of India or ASCI. The Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) said in a statement that the Centre for Science and Environment welcomes the recent decision of ASCI to declare the advertisement featuring Sania Mirza "misleading" by facts, exaggeration and ambiguity.
Meanwhile the advocacy group had previously also urged Sania Mirza to dissociate herself from the advertisement. Amit Khurana, senior program manager, food safety and toxins, CSE said "We had written to Ms Mirza earlier apprising her about the malpractice of antibiotic misuse in poultry sector and the libelous nature of the advertisement".
the advertisement "falsely" claimed the poultry sector is not
"misusing" antibiotics. It also "misused and
misrepresented" the results of a 2014 CSE study on antibiotic residues in
chicken, Centre for Science and Environment said. “ASCI said by mentioning the
CSE study results, the advertisement contravened the code on truthful and
honest representation and to withdraw or modify the advertisement by May 23”.
Even Candidates Shy Away from Janasena Review Meeting Even before the election results are out, it looks like Janasena is certain about the failure as the writing on the wall. Pawan Kalyan himself disappeared after the polling and hurried arranged review meetings of the candidates in Mangalagiri office after 10 days of the polling. The candidates of Uttarandhra, Godavari districts, and Krishna were called.
- Thambidurai's surprising behavior!
- North Indians angry over Briyani!
- Will Rahul Gandhi fulfill his poll promises?
- Did TTV Dinakaran appeared before Court in defamation case?
- Harassment case against Chief justice!
- Age verification on adult sites soon!
- Abhinandan, No longer in Kashmir
- Sri Lanka bans WhatsApp, Facebook
- BBMP drawn out contingency plans ahead of monsoons
- TRS know conducting Elections but not Student Exams!
- Pinarayi hits out Modis speech on Sabarimala issue
- PM offered of all possible help & assistance to Sri Lanka after Easter blast
- MK Stalin to devise strategy for 4 Assembly by-elections scheduled on May 19
- World's smallest baby boy weighing as an apple, ready for outside world
- Is Pawan Kalyan again hitting headlines for all the wrong reasons?