Sources from Thoothukudi stated that at least four people were killed and several others people injured on Tuesday after the Tamilnadu police resorted to lathi-charge as protests against Sterlite’s industrial plant intensified in Thoothukudi (Tuticorin). As per report four people have been admitted to local hospital and are in critical condition. Meanwhile the residents are demanding the closure of the plant, citing that the pollution it generates is causing serious health issues.
Meanwhile the agitation against Sterlite Copper, which represents the copper unit of Vedanta Limited, recently escalated after the company announced the expansion of its unit in the city. Moreover Sterlite Copper, which currently operates a 400,000-tonne per annum unit in the city, maintains that it has received necessary permits and has not violated any norms.
Furthermore with hundreds of residents and social activists protesting, there is a heavy deployment of police in the coastal city. Moreover personnel have been rushed from neighboring districts of Madurai and Virudhunagar to bring the situation under control.
Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs! The fireworks manufactures association has announced the permanent closure of all the 1400+ fireworks manufacturing companies in Sivakasi, and it is expected that this might lead to more than crores of laborers employed there. Supreme Court had recently set guidelines for bursting crackers and also ordered manufacturing of only environment friendly crackers.
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome
- AAP includes Jobs for Youth in its Manifesto
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated two major national highways
- Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar?
- Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?