TN BJP leader H Raja has let out a controversial statement that the firing of innocent civilians by cops today in Thoothukudi was right. The protest by numerous citizens of Thoothukudi demanding Sterlite ban ended in violence. When the protesters approached the Thoothukudi collectorate, there was chaos and violence sparked.
When the cops entered the spot to control the people, there was violence and attacks between the cops and public. Initially, the cops began with lathi charge and deploying tear gas. However, with the protest and attacks getting intensified, the Collectorate was attacked and destroyed, following which the police resorted to usage of guns.
In these incidents of firing, 13
civilians were killed brutally, and have sent shock waves across the state.
Though many political leaders have condemned the violent acts of the cops and
the ineffective government, the BJP national secretary H Raja, has said that
the action taken by cops was right. His view that there's no other way when a
protest turns into a riot, has been condemned by many.
Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency Sources from Bengaluru stated that actor Prakash Raj, who recently announced his decision to contest the coming Lok Sabha election, said he would never join any political party, alleging the parties were not honest. Accordingly Raj said he had decided to contest the election as an Independent from the Bengaluru Central constituency as "He cannot stay in any party for more than three months." "He wants to be the voice of the people".
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites
- Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!