TN BJP leader H Raja has let out a controversial statement that the firing of innocent civilians by cops today in Thoothukudi was right. The protest by numerous citizens of Thoothukudi demanding Sterlite ban ended in violence. When the protesters approached the Thoothukudi collectorate, there was chaos and violence sparked.
When the cops entered the spot to control the people, there was violence and attacks between the cops and public. Initially, the cops began with lathi charge and deploying tear gas. However, with the protest and attacks getting intensified, the Collectorate was attacked and destroyed, following which the police resorted to usage of guns.
In these incidents of firing, 13
civilians were killed brutally, and have sent shock waves across the state.
Though many political leaders have condemned the violent acts of the cops and
the ineffective government, the BJP national secretary H Raja, has said that
the action taken by cops was right. His view that there's no other way when a
protest turns into a riot, has been condemned by many.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018