Washington sources reported that US President Donald Trump nominated Diane Gujarati, a prosecutor of Indian descent, to a federal judgeship on Thursday in an unusual move as she had been former President Barack Obama’s choice for the position.
Meanwhile the White House announced that Trump is sending the nomination of Gujarati, who is the Deputy Chief of the Criminal Division of the federal prosecutor’s for the Southern District of New York, to the Senate for confirmation as a District Judge on the Federal court for New York’s Eastern District, which covers parts of the city as well the suburbs on Long Island.
Previously Obama nominated her for the judgeship towards the end of his
term in September 2016 but she was not confirmed by the Senate requiring
Trump’s renomination. Moreover her re-nomination by Trump shows both her legal
standing as well as the administration’s difficulty in finding candidates
within its ideological spectrum who will be able to win Senate support and she
is expected to have a smooth sailing in the Senate because of the support of
presidents from both parties.
Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities Accordingly the Falaknuma police in Hyderabad organized a 'Job Connect' program at The Progress High School in Engine Bowli as part of its ‘community policing’ initiative. Meanwhile the police said that a total of 4,200 youth, both men and women holding various educational qualifications, had attended the program held between 9 am and 5 pm.
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue