BJP member Pon Radhakrishnan has yet again come down with a statement against the public, saying that the 13 deaths in Thoothukudi would not have happened if the protesters had joined the BJP strike and protest against Sterlite in the initial days. The union deputy minister Pon Radhakrishnan had interacted with the media at the Coimbatore airport.
During his interview, he had said that he has no ideas to go to Thoothukudi now, adding that he has to attend the state party conference in Pollachi, following which he will go to Delhi. He also said that, regarding the visit to Thoothukudi, a decision will be taken by the BJP leaders.
Pon Radhakrishnan said that it was
the BJP who had initially fought against Sterlite and protested. Though today
lots of people protest, it was BJP which had even initiated a hunger strike
till death, said the minister. Pon Radhakrishnan went on to say that
giving permission for the factory was the mistake of DMK and other parties, and
though the Thoothukudi incident saddens him, he can't talk on it without
knowing the background details.
Downfall of Rajapakse govt! In the Srilankan government, the no confidence motion against Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapakse has succeeded and due to this, as Rajapakse failed to prove his majority, the government has fallen. Yesterday the parliament had gathered under speaker Jayasurya by 10 am. Sri Lankan govt has been witnessing drastic
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day
- Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it!
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!