According to sources this comes after Alibaba Group's entertainment arm Alibaba Pictures Group acquired a majority stake in TicketNew in June last year. Recently Paytm Entertainment, on its part, has increased its online penetration in India by more than 50% and claims to have built a strong business in South India and is working exclusively with iconic single screen theatres and regional multiplex chains including Suresh Productions, V Celluloid, SVC and Anusri Cinemas among others.
Meanwhile it recently also announced a ticketing partnership with SPI Cinemas, which owns landmark properties such as Sathyam Cinemas, Le Rêve, The Cinema, in Chennai, Hyderabad, and Mumbai. Moreover according to the company, Paytm Entertainment has sold over 52 million tickets in the last 12 months and is the ticketing partner for over 4,000 screens in 675 cities.
Previously in July 2017, Paytm acquired a majority
stake in Insider.in, an events ticketing platform, giving it a lead into the
rapidly growing live entertainment space in India. Furthermore since this
acquisition Paytm claims to have successfully ticketed over 8000 events
with over a million tickets sold.
Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections? According to sources with TRS Supreme KCR is busy with preparing political strategy and getting ready to kick start nearly 100 public meetings in the next 50 days, senior leader Harish Rao has been given the responsibility of looking after political affairs if Gajwel assembly constituency from where KCR was elected in 2014 elections and contest in the ensuing elections also.
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018
- Karnataka Govt plans to set up free Wi-Fi in 198 wards
- Kerala to witness heavy rains for next 48 Hours