Chennai sources stated that the Tamilnadu government on Monday issued a Government Order (GO), directing the state Pollution Control Board to seal the Vedanta group's copper plant and close it down "permanently" following last week's violent protests during which 13 people were killed in police firing. According to sources the Government Order (GO) said it endorsed the recent closure direction of the Tamilnadu Pollution Control Board, and also asked the TNPCB to "seal the unit and close the plant permanently".
Furthermore the document cited the Constitution's directive principles of state policy (Article 48-A) enjoining protection of environment and provisions of the Water Act, 1974, to order the permanent closure of the copper factory "in the larger public interest". Moreover the order recalled how on May 23 the TNPCB had issued directions for closure of the unit and disconnection of power supply to it. The power supply was disconnected a day later.
Recently Chief Minister K Palaniswami said the
government has issued the GO in deference to the sentiments of the people. Accordingly
the locals were protesting for the closure of the factory for 99 days and the protesters
turned violent on May 22, the 100th day of their stir, and 13 people were
killed in police action against them last Tuesday and Wednesday.
Hyderabad Auto drivers facing a tough competition from Uber & Ola Hyderabad sources reported that auto rickshaw drivers in the city are charging rates according to their own whims and fancies, not heeding the 2014 government order making the fares designated by digital meters a mandatory in autos. Meanwhile as per the order, Rs 20 is the minimum fare for 1.6 km, but the auto drivers charge Rs 30. Presently in the busy areas like hospitals and railways stations
- Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies
- Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant
- Why Mehul Choksi surrendered Indian Citizenship?
- Tamilisai bats for TN CM!
- World's cutest dog passes away!
- Politician - Actress Divya Spandana trolled!
- Tamilisai plan to exploit Thala fans!
- PM Modi faces a united opposition in national elections
- NATA Elects New Executive Committee for 2019 - 2020
- Is dreams of MGR & J. Jayalalitha fulfilled by PM Modi?
- Will actress Kareena Kapoor Khan follow footsteps of her late father-in-law in politics?
- Rapper Cardi B has slammed US President Donald Trump
- TDP Govt in AP implemented Rythu Raksha scheme