New York sources reported that Starbucks will temporarily shut down about 8,000 company-owned locations across the US on Tuesday to offer 175,000 employees mandatory anti-bias training. As per report the participating stores will close around 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. However, the outlets in hotels, grocery stores and airports will remain open.
Accordingly Starbucks had announced the training soon after two black men were arrested at a Philadelphia outlet in April. Moreover a store manager called the police because the men were sitting in the store without placing an order. They were arrested for trespassing. Furthermore the incident sparked an outcry prompting CEO Kevin Johnson to apologize.
Further during the training on Tuesday, workers at each location will
break into small groups to learn together. Moreover the Starbucks Chairman
Howard Schultz, Johnson and musician and activist Common will serve as virtual
guides. Employees will talk about their own experiences, and watch a film about
bias and the company explained that each store will get a tool kit to help
guide the training.
From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times Accordingly the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) have announced that restaurants will no longer be able to reuse cooking oil multiple times. Meanwhile the new restriction, which will go into effect from March 3, will prohibit reusing cooking oil more than 3 times by a restaurant or eatery.
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line