New York sources reported that Starbucks will temporarily shut down about 8,000 company-owned locations across the US on Tuesday to offer 175,000 employees mandatory anti-bias training. As per report the participating stores will close around 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. However, the outlets in hotels, grocery stores and airports will remain open.
Accordingly Starbucks had announced the training soon after two black men were arrested at a Philadelphia outlet in April. Moreover a store manager called the police because the men were sitting in the store without placing an order. They were arrested for trespassing. Furthermore the incident sparked an outcry prompting CEO Kevin Johnson to apologize.
Further during the training on Tuesday, workers at each location will
break into small groups to learn together. Moreover the Starbucks Chairman
Howard Schultz, Johnson and musician and activist Common will serve as virtual
guides. Employees will talk about their own experiences, and watch a film about
bias and the company explained that each store will get a tool kit to help
guide the training.
10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing Beijing sources reported that around 10,000 people are expected to take part in a "Plant-Based Festival" in Beijing this weekend as many people in China are pursuing healthy, eco-friendly and trendy lifestyles and has prompted especially the younger generation, to go Vegan. Meanwhile when featuring
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment