As per latest report a Kannada film industry official said Karnataka film distributors and exhibitors have decided not to screen Rajinikanth starrer "Kaala" in theatres across the state to protest the superstar's stand on the Cauvery river water row with Tamilnadu.
Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce (KFCC) President Sa Ra Govindu told "In view of the public outrage over Rajinikanth's recent remarks on the setting up of a Cauvery Management Board, distributors and exhibitors have decided not to screen any version his movie 'Kaala' in any theatre in the state, and we welcome it”. Meanwhile when clarifying that the Kannada film industry was not against Rajinikanth, who hails from Bengaluru, Govindu said there was no ban on the new Tamil film.
He said the fraternity had decided to support the decision not to screen
it to avoid precipitating the issue and respect public sentiment against his
views on the inter-state river water dispute between Karnataka and Tamilnadu. Govindu
added "Though the distributors and exhibitors would have invested a lot in
buying the rights of the film months before its release, we appreciate their
decision not to screen it in the largest public interest and to maintain peace
in the state”.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar