As per latest report a Kannada film industry official said Karnataka film distributors and exhibitors have decided not to screen Rajinikanth starrer "Kaala" in theatres across the state to protest the superstar's stand on the Cauvery river water row with Tamilnadu.
Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce (KFCC) President Sa Ra Govindu told "In view of the public outrage over Rajinikanth's recent remarks on the setting up of a Cauvery Management Board, distributors and exhibitors have decided not to screen any version his movie 'Kaala' in any theatre in the state, and we welcome it”. Meanwhile when clarifying that the Kannada film industry was not against Rajinikanth, who hails from Bengaluru, Govindu said there was no ban on the new Tamil film.
He said the fraternity had decided to support the decision not to screen
it to avoid precipitating the issue and respect public sentiment against his
views on the inter-state river water dispute between Karnataka and Tamilnadu. Govindu
added "Though the distributors and exhibitors would have invested a lot in
buying the rights of the film months before its release, we appreciate their
decision not to screen it in the largest public interest and to maintain peace
in the state”.
437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction Sources from Chennai made a statement that City police commissioner A. K. Viswanathan inaugurated 437 CCTV cameras along E.V.R Salai under Kilpauk police limits. Meanwhile after Flower Bazaar, the Greater Chennai Police have brought Kilpauk police station jurisdiction under the surveillance of closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras.
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites
- Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%