After superstar Rajinikanth's statements against Karnataka and the sentiments of Karnataka residents the Karnataka film chamber had banned the release of Kaala in Karnataka.
Actor Vishal, the secretary of Tamil film actors association has said that Rajinikanth had just used his right to freedom of speech and had said his opinion regarding Cauvery management issue, and that cannot be the reason for stopping the release of Kaala in Karnataka.
It must be noted that Karnataka had
been always an important hunting ground for Tamil films as they release widely
and earn huge, even more than native Kannada movies, and now with Kaala,
releasing on June 7, banned in Karnataka, it will be a huge blow for superstar
Rajinikanth. In 2008 also Rajini faced same situation during kuselan release,
as he had said that those in Karnataka must be kicked, following which he had apologized
and the movie released in Karnataka. Let's see if Rajinikanth will seek an
apology this time for Kaala.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?