After superstar Rajinikanth's statements against Karnataka and the sentiments of Karnataka residents the Karnataka film chamber had banned the release of Kaala in Karnataka.
Actor Vishal, the secretary of Tamil film actors association has said that Rajinikanth had just used his right to freedom of speech and had said his opinion regarding Cauvery management issue, and that cannot be the reason for stopping the release of Kaala in Karnataka.
It must be noted that Karnataka had
been always an important hunting ground for Tamil films as they release widely
and earn huge, even more than native Kannada movies, and now with Kaala,
releasing on June 7, banned in Karnataka, it will be a huge blow for superstar
Rajinikanth. In 2008 also Rajini faced same situation during kuselan release,
as he had said that those in Karnataka must be kicked, following which he had apologized
and the movie released in Karnataka. Let's see if Rajinikanth will seek an
apology this time for Kaala.
Hyderabad HC issued notices to makers of 'Lakshmi's NTR' Hyderabad High Court asked makers and Lakshmi's NTR asked them to file a counter to a petition filed by an MLA of the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) over a song from the film, which allegedly talks about Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu. Meanwhile TDP MLA from Pithapuram S V S N Varma objected to the visuals of the song which was uploaded online and alleged that it was attempting
- Iconic Bikini Climber dies on Mountain
- Toyota makes Joint Venture with Panasonic
- India's Air Passenger Traffic hikes
- India facing a rising tide of people unwilling to be vaccinated
- Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling
- TDP is seemingly attempting to tap into Kapu vote bank
- Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi!
- TN Milk agents warn Simbu!
- TRS MP Kavita selected for Fame India Extraordinary Parliamentarian award 2019
- India's first ever all women political party launched in Mumbai
- Picture of an antiseptic labeled cough syrup with logo of Govt of Tamilnadu went viral
- Imran Khan is agent of change Senator Lindsey Graham looking for
- Politics in Andhra Pradesh are turning Hot each day
- TTD endeavors to ease Darshan for Children & Senior Citizens
- Hyderabad Auto drivers facing a tough competition from Uber & Ola