According to sources from Bengaluru Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy and Deputy Chief Minister G Parameshwara met farmer group leaders from 30 districts and sought their suggestions on a proposal for waiving loans of farmers on Wednesday. Meanwhile Kumaraswamy did not announce the waiver of loans of farmers, he revealed that loans of all farmers would be waived and the scheme implemented in two phases in the next fifteen days.
Moreover during the course of the two hour long meeting, it became clear that the first hurdle for the newly formed JD(S)-Congress coalition government was going to be the contentious issue of waiving loans of farmers in the state. Accordingly the BJP leader BS Yeddyurappa, who was the Chief Minister of the state for two days, had threatened a state wide stir on May 28 if the Kumaraswamy government did not waive farmer loans.
Furthermore the call for a protest received a
lukewarm response, Kumaraswamy wasted little time in setting up a meeting with
farmer group representatives from all 30 districts in the state. As per
report the loan waiver would include all agricultural loans including crop
loans, horticulture loans, and medium-term loans availed by the farmers of the
TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana Sources from Vikarabad stated that Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee Working President Revanth Reddy expressed confidence over his win from Kodangal constituency irrespective of the numerous schemes and conspiracies by the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) leaders. Meanwhile when speaking at a meeting here, he predicted that Congress President Rahul Gandhi would be elected as the Prime Minister
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018
- Karnataka Govt plans to set up free Wi-Fi in 198 wards
- Kerala to witness heavy rains for next 48 Hours
- 3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi