According to sources from Bengaluru Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy and Deputy Chief Minister G Parameshwara met farmer group leaders from 30 districts and sought their suggestions on a proposal for waiving loans of farmers on Wednesday. Meanwhile Kumaraswamy did not announce the waiver of loans of farmers, he revealed that loans of all farmers would be waived and the scheme implemented in two phases in the next fifteen days.
Moreover during the course of the two hour long meeting, it became clear that the first hurdle for the newly formed JD(S)-Congress coalition government was going to be the contentious issue of waiving loans of farmers in the state. Accordingly the BJP leader BS Yeddyurappa, who was the Chief Minister of the state for two days, had threatened a state wide stir on May 28 if the Kumaraswamy government did not waive farmer loans.
Furthermore the call for a protest received a
lukewarm response, Kumaraswamy wasted little time in setting up a meeting with
farmer group representatives from all 30 districts in the state. As per
report the loan waiver would include all agricultural loans including crop
loans, horticulture loans, and medium-term loans availed by the farmers of the
Can KCR win Elections by doing Yagams & Homams alone? According to sources as polls are due in December in Telangana, election fever seems to have gripped KCR. Meanwhile in order to win the elections, CM KCR has performed a special Yagam. Recently KCR and wife Shobha have performed Raja Shyamala Chandi Homam at KCR's Erravelli farmhouse yesterday and it is learnt that the Raja Syamala Chandi Homam is performed for victory.
- Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad?
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh