Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump said Tuesday that he would proceed with tariffs on $50 billion (roughly Rs. 3,37,000, crores) in Chinese imports and introduce new limits on Chinese investment in U.S. high-tech industries as part of a broad campaign to crack down on Chinese acquisition of U.S. technology.
Accordingly the moves, less than 10 days after Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said the trade war with China was "on hold," appear designed to create bargaining leverage for Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, who is due to arrive in Beijing on Saturday for talks aimed at cooling trade tensions.
Further the sudden policy shifts are amplifying an air of unpredictability
that the president has said gives him an edge at the bargaining table, even as
U.S. trading partners complain that it erodes American credibility. Moreover adding
to the confusion are divisions among Trump's trade advisers and complaints from
members of Congress, who fear that the president may be stumbling into a costly
multi-front trade war.
AP Chief Secretary in Delhi with Chandrababu Crime Files LV Subrahmaniam who was appointed by the Election Commission against Chandrababu Naidu's wish has become a tormentor of the Caretaker Chief Minister in his final days of the office. He dug all the files pertaining to release of funds to various contractors just before the elections for various works, forcing finance secretary M Ravichandra to go on leave.
- Tirupathi man dies after suicide prank
- Janasena Symbol To Be Changed in Telangana?
- Indian gold medal winner is from a poor family - Her mom doesn't even knows to switch on the TV
- Chandrababu Behind Intermediate Fiasco in Telangana?
- Ambulance Driver loses license for his fraudulent practices
- Khushbu Sundar and Tharoor got Slammed for throwing blame on Modi for everything!
- ISIS involved in Srilanka blasts?
- Why AP Chief Secretary wanted to speak to all Collectors & SPs?
- 15 transgender persons came to vote for LS elections in Kerala
- Tussle between Revenue department officials & TRS chief KCR has gone worse
- Saudi Arabia beheads 37 citizens convicted of terrorism
- History Maker: Pallonji Mistry - Indian Billionaire and Founder of Shapoorji Pallonji Group
- AP recovers melted Gold of lost from Tirupur Crown theft
- Is Jagan favoured more by punters in the state?
- Death toll in Sri Lanka rises as more Tension prevails