Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump said Tuesday that he would proceed with tariffs on $50 billion (roughly Rs. 3,37,000, crores) in Chinese imports and introduce new limits on Chinese investment in U.S. high-tech industries as part of a broad campaign to crack down on Chinese acquisition of U.S. technology.
Accordingly the moves, less than 10 days after Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said the trade war with China was "on hold," appear designed to create bargaining leverage for Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, who is due to arrive in Beijing on Saturday for talks aimed at cooling trade tensions.
Further the sudden policy shifts are amplifying an air of unpredictability
that the president has said gives him an edge at the bargaining table, even as
U.S. trading partners complain that it erodes American credibility. Moreover adding
to the confusion are divisions among Trump's trade advisers and complaints from
members of Congress, who fear that the president may be stumbling into a costly
multi-front trade war.
Indian hockey team secures 5th rank! The Indian hockey team has been delivering exemplary performances in the recent years. Following this developments, the team has secured the 5th position in the rankings of teams. Indian Captain Srijesh has revealed that this ranking improvement will serve as an encouragement for the team to perform well in the upcoming Asian games and the world cup hockey tournaments.
- Trump or low cost crude oil - What's Modi choice?
- P Chidambaram included in Aircel Maxis case!
- ADMK MP Exposes CBSE-Centre plan!
- Did Sonia Gandhi bifurcated Telugu states by doing injustice to Reddy Community?
- Jayadev gave stentorian speech in Lok Sabha winning hearts of AP people
- Congress accused PM Modi of using probe agencies CBI & ED to smear opposition leaders
- "We had an incredible year, $100 billion in revenue: Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella
- Linking political party with raids is wrong
- Is South Indian Leaders against PM Narendra Modi's Govt?
- Rahul Gandhi winks after hugging PM Modi during No-Confidence Motion Debate
- Google searches for word IDIOT related to Leaders
- #RahulHugsModi - Social Media Reacts for Rahul Gandhi's 'Wink' and 'Tight Hug' after aggressive speech
- Controversial Leader Subramaniya Swamy's next target is CM KCR
- Putin got his view & expressed his view: FBI Chief
- Apple crossed $900 billion market capitalization mark last year: CEO Tim Cook