Accordingly to help people find local answers in their neighborhood, Google India on Thursday announced the beta launch of a new app called "Neighborly" in the country. Google India tweeted that "The beta version is available today in Mumbai. Meanwhile if you are in a different city, join the wait list".
Josh Woodward, Group Product Manager on Google's Next Billion Users team, said in a statement "With 'Neighborly', we are finding new ways to move forward on Google's mission to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful". Moreover as per report the app will help users answer queries like 'find out which is the safest park for his kids in an area' or 'any affordable Maths private tuition available near him'.
Furthermore "In big cities across India, it's
getting harder to get good answers to these questions because cities keep
changing, including the people who live there," read the app's description
on its website. Woodward said "In their research, they have found that
most of life happens within a 1km radius of where you live, so they wanted to
create a new experience for neighbors to benefit from the collective knowledge
inside their neighborhoods. And, when that happens, they hope neighborhoods
everywhere will start to feel even more neighborly".
Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai Chennai sources stated that the cyclonic storm 'Gaja' is set to make landfall between Cuddalore and Pamban today evening bringing heavy rainfall to Tamilnadu. Accordingly over 30,000 rescue personnel have been kept on standby by the state government. District collectors of Thanjavur, Tiruvarur, Pudukottai, Nagapattinam, Cuddalore and Ramanathapuram have declared a holiday for schools and colleges today.
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy
- ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?