Washington sources reported that Indian-American former CEO of a Detroit-based IT company in the US has pleaded guilty to bribing a city official. The officials said Parimal D. Mehta, 54, of Northville, was the CEO of FutureNet Group Inc. He was accused of participating in a scheme to bribe a Detroit official to get benefits for the company, said Acting Assistant Attorney General John P. Cronan of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division.
Meanwhile Mehta pleaded guilty on Wednesday to one count of federal program bribery before US District Judge Robert H. Cleland of the Eastern District of Michigan. He is expected to be sentenced on September 27. Moreover in his plea deal, Mehta admitted that from 2009 through August 2016, he hand-delivered over $6,500 to Charles L. Dodd, the former director of Detroit’s Office of Departmental Technology Services, including two cash bribes paid in the restroom of a Detroit-area restaurant in 2016.
Previously Dodd had pleaded guilty to bribery September 27, 2016.
Furthermore according to the plea agreement, Mehta wanted preferential
treatment for FutureNet in exchange for the bribes he paid to Dodd.
Moreover Mehta also asked Dodd to supply him with confidential information
regarding Detroit’s internal operations, including information regarding
Detroit’s internal budgets for particular technology projects and personnel to
benefit FutureNet in its dealings with Detroit.
Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor Chennai sources stated that the mother of one of the seven convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, AG Perarivalan, on Monday met Tamilnadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit seeking her son's release following a cabinet recommendation to him on the matter. Accordingly Arputhammal
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018
- Karnataka Govt plans to set up free Wi-Fi in 198 wards
- Kerala to witness heavy rains for next 48 Hours
- 3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi
- Donald Trump and His Adventures in WWE