As per report when asked by a reporter about the ability of the US to "blow apart" one of China's controversial man-made islands, Lt. Gen. Kenneth McKenzie, director of the Joint Staff, said on Thursday "He would just tell you that the US military has had a lot of experience in the Western Pacific taking down small islands."
Meanwhile his comments come amid growing tension in highly contested region, as the US ramps up freedom of navigation operations in response to China's steady militarization of its artificial islands. Accordingly the US Navy sailed two warships within 12 nautical miles of the disputed Paracel Islands last week, the first time it has used more than one vessel in the operations, which are meant to demonstrate the right of free passage in international waters.
Earlier on Wednesday, Admral Harry Harris,
outgoing head of the US Indo-Pacific Command, said China was the US's
"biggest long-term challenge" in the region. As per report the
Chinese government has reacted furiously to the recent US statements. Furthermore
at her regular press conference on Thursday, Chinese Foreign Ministry
spokeswoman Hua Chunying said the US accusing China of militarizing the region
was "like a thief crying, 'Stop thief!'".
Tik Tok removed by Google from Play store! After court order Google removed Tik Tok app from its play store. After a public interest litigation filed in Madurai high court quoting that Tik Tok affects culture with vulgar content it demanded central government to ban Tik Tok.
- Chennai Beach - Arakkonam - Chengalpet services coming soon!
- Karnataka IAS officer suspended for checking Modi's helicopter?
- North Korea oversees test of new weapon -KCNA
- Reliance registered as seller on online stopped accepting fresh orders for products
- Why Sundar Pichai did not cast his vote in Tamilnadu?
- Karnataka & West Bengal face violent situation during second phase of voting
- Will Pawan come in front of media & boast of CM seat his party will win?
- Earth's surface has been warming globally over the past 15 years: NASA
- Kunwer Sachdeva, History Maker Founder & CEO, Su-Kam
- Sakshi Ratings in Election Week Indicate YSR Congress Victory
- Good Ratings for Yatra Premiere Worries TDP
- Rapthadu YSRCP MLA as Irrigation Minister and DVR as Speaker?
- Chief Secretary Skips Chandrababu's Review Meetings
- Narendra Modi Saved Chandrababu in IT Grids Case?
- BJP Member says She will change constitution!