Hyderabad sources added that Exports in information technology (IT) and information technology enabled services (ITES) from Telangana have grown by 9.3% and touched Rs 93,422 crore and made a compound annual growth of 15.6% over the past four years, said state IT and industries minister K R Rama Rao here. The minister said during 2016-17, the state witnessed Rs 85,470 crore exports in IT alone.
Moreover he said "The exports have been growing at a compound annual growth of 15.6% since the formation of the state in 2014," and this is roughly 150% of the national average of 10.3% during the same period. Further the growth has resulted in the creation of 1.5 lakh new IT jobs. There would be roughly 2.5 to 3 times the generation of indirect jobs. Accordingly an annual report released by the minister said the government was targeting to achieve over Rs 1.20 lakh crore worth of IT exports and create more than four lakh direct employments and about 20 lakh indirect employment by year 2020.
Previously as per report the direct employment generated by the IT sector
reached 4.75 lakh with 43,417 new professionals getting jobs, he said, adding
that the sector provided indirect employment to about 7.5 lakh people.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees