Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that recently Kerala has witnessed 17 deaths in the last two weeks of whom three people have died in the last two days because of nipah virus. Accordingly Rasil, a native of Kozhikode who died on Thursday is suspected to have contracted the virus from Ismail, another Nipah victim. Meanwhile Ismail in turn is reported to have been infected from Mohammed Sadik, the first suspected Nipah virus victim in Kerala.
Furthermore Dr Jayasree, Kozhikode District Medical Officer, said, “As of May 31, the total number of confirmed cases stands at 18, out of this 16 have died. Moreover this death toll does not reflect Sadik’s death. 2 confirmed cases are under treatment and the number of suspected cases is 11. So far 1407 people are in the contact list.”
Media report added the people who have been placed on house quarantine
have been asked by the state government to watch out for symptoms and keep
nodal health officers informed. KK Shylaja, the Health Minister of the state
said “There is no need to panic, but anyone who has been in contact with
patients needs to get themselves admitted if they are showing any symptoms”.
She also added that they had expected a second round of infections and assured
that the state was prepared for it.
NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth Washington sources reported that NASA's Kepler space telescope that discovered thousands of planets outside our solar system and revealed that our galaxy contains more planets than stars, has received its final set of commands to disconnect communications with Earth. Meanwhile the "goodnight" commands finalize the spacecraft's transition into retirement, which began on October 30
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP