Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that recently Kerala has witnessed 17 deaths in the last two weeks of whom three people have died in the last two days because of nipah virus. Accordingly Rasil, a native of Kozhikode who died on Thursday is suspected to have contracted the virus from Ismail, another Nipah victim. Meanwhile Ismail in turn is reported to have been infected from Mohammed Sadik, the first suspected Nipah virus victim in Kerala.
Furthermore Dr Jayasree, Kozhikode District Medical Officer, said, “As of May 31, the total number of confirmed cases stands at 18, out of this 16 have died. Moreover this death toll does not reflect Sadik’s death. 2 confirmed cases are under treatment and the number of suspected cases is 11. So far 1407 people are in the contact list.”
Media report added the people who have been placed on house quarantine
have been asked by the state government to watch out for symptoms and keep
nodal health officers informed. KK Shylaja, the Health Minister of the state
said “There is no need to panic, but anyone who has been in contact with
patients needs to get themselves admitted if they are showing any symptoms”.
She also added that they had expected a second round of infections and assured
that the state was prepared for it.
Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week Accordingly more misery is in store for Bengaluru as both the Indian Meteorological Department and the Karnataka State Natural Disaster Monitoring Centre has predicted moderate to heavy rainfall across the city throughout this week. Meanwhile the KSNDMC has alerted the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike, the city’s civic body, to ensure it is well prepared for the rains.
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018
- Karnataka Govt plans to set up free Wi-Fi in 198 wards